EXB kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. I was just about to order the 1/8 EXB. Looks like I’m going to wait for the 1/5 EXB instead.
I did notice the 1/5 does not seem to have the number of aluminum parts that the 1/8 does, shock towers for example.

Hmmm. I was just about to order the 1/8 EXB. Looks like I’m going to wait for the 1/5 EXB instead.
I did notice the 1/5 does not seem to have the number of aluminum parts that the 1/8 does, shock towers for example.
I too was ready to pull the trigger, but on a K6s EXB, before I saw these posts about the forthcoming K8s EXB. I waited, and could continue to wait, but ultimately decided that the K6s EXB is going to be more fun for me.

I had a K8s, and as much as I loved it while I had it, there is no getting around two main points: (a) larger items appear to move slower than smaller items at the same speeds; and (b) a 15 lb. RC at 60mph is waaaaay more durable than a 30 lb. RC at 60 mph.

I love crazy speeds and silly wheelies at every speed. I also don't want to hold my breath if I blow a landing and send the RC tumbling 50 yards.

The K8s is awesome to look at, awesome to wrench on, but will never "feel" as fast as a K6s. And if it does, then you're talking about an RC that is going close to 70mph and I cannot imagine the force that it would take if it bites it hard for any reason. My older standard K6S took some wicked hits at top speed and literally just brushed it off and kept running. It was a champ. The EXB should be all that and much more once I get it built up.

That said, I cannot wait to see you guys that get the K8S EXB. But for me, I'm going to be crazy happy with my K6S EXB.

You make some really good points.

I have no experience with either and coming from crawlers so anything will seem fast to me. It is the size that it driving me towards 1/5 vs the 1/8. I’ll be able to concur more terrain or at least that is the hope.

^^^ Yes you will. That is one of the most amazing things about K8S is that it goes over just about anything and is really planted and stable. It just hunkers down and goes, whereas a 6S can easily get tossed around on rougher terrain. Now, that's not saying the 6S is not stable -- it is. For its size it is awesome. But the K8S is better in things like taller grass, or rocky/rough hardpack.

^^^ Yes you will. That is one of the most amazing things about K8S is that it goes over just about anything and is really planted and stable. It just hunkers down and goes, whereas a 6S can easily get tossed around on rougher terrain. Now, that's not saying the 6S is not stable -- it is. For its size it is awesome. But the K8S is better in things like taller grass, or rocky/rough hardpack.
Exactly my thoughts and why I am waiting on the 1/5 as much as I’d love to get the 1/8 and get to it now. 🤣

Scale is relative in Surface RC. 30 pounds of weight will hunker down more than 15 pounds. Just reality and physics. 1/5 scale is not the answer or crutch for poor driver skills. Quite the opposite. I see that many newbs jumping in with the 1/5 rigs as their first basher rig have the most problems. Moving up from a K6 for instance after developing good driving/bashing skills ( and wrenching skills) makes for a better K8 experience. Less frustration. Wallet permitting. Everything will break no matter the scale. And 1/5 costs $double$ for parts. Double the frustration for some.
K8 and OC8 are Expert level RC rigs IMHO.

Ya know, if they were serious about going "Extreme", they'd put this in the car:

180 kilowatts (240 horsepower) and 460 newton-meters (340 pound-feet) of instant electric torque 🤑

EM-v2.jpg

That's someone with a lot of juice to get a demo like that. Ahead of public release no less. Maybe someone close to or access to the factory? IDK. Maybe its stolen.:ROFLMAO: I don't speak that language so it was hard for me to follow the video.:(
Only Arrma UK probably has some currently for post production testing and QC checks. How I figure it. 🤷‍♂️

.:cool:

That's someone with a lot of juice to get a demo like that. Ahead of public release no less. Maybe someone close to or access to the factory? IDK. Maybe its stolen.:ROFLMAO: I don't speak that language so it was hard for me to follow the video.:(
Only Arrma UK probably has some currently for post production testing and QC checks. How I figure it. 🤷‍♂️

.:cool:
Wrong that guy is selling them already, piss poor show from horizon hobbies agian. What a joke that company like arrma now have to deal with this bs
Horizon need a new plumber because the leaks are getting worse 😉😂😂😂
He's already bought one, a rc that horizon haven't even put on their website yet that is badly managed to put it mildly

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_095234_257.jpg
    IMG_20210219_095234_257.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 75
Wrong that guy is selling them already, piss poor show from horizon hobbies agian. What a joke that company like arrma now have to deal with this bs
Horizon need a new plumber because the leaks are getting worse 😉😂😂😂
He's already bought one, a rc that horizon haven't even put on their website yet that is badly managed to put it mildly
That pisses me off come to think of it.. I just may call HH in a few minutes and ask why they did that.. Why can't I pre order one right now if this is the case? That I may pass on Arrma products because of that. It will probably go nowhere, I am sure.:LOL:

That pisses me off come to think of it.. I just may call HH in a few minutes and ask why they did that.. Why can't I pre order one right now if this is the case? That I may pass on Arrma products because of that. It will probably go nowhere, I am sure.:LOL:
Crazy situation really, I can't help thinking it's a leak 🤔

I still say that this EXB 8s was gotten out of proper channels. I don't know I would call it a "leak" at all. Worse than that.
OR Arrma and HH are a real stinking mess these days? 🤷‍♂️
What country is that EXB 8s in???? I missed that.
HH is an American brand. First and foremost.
HH, North America has the reigns. Not even Arrma, UK can control it.
If anything this should be a sign that the release should be announced any day. 👍 Not months from now.

Edit: Who is MSH Global Empire? Seems like a brick and morter LHS AliExpress type store. From Malaysia.
What Juice do they have?
The factory in China let these slip out the back door ahead of schedule and HH is dumbfounded now.:ROFLMAO:

Otherwise why don't we have these yet?
JD even stated that HH is AIR Freighting their stuff to keep the parts train logistics moving faster. No slow boat wait.

Last edited:
I'm kind've getting bored with the idea of the "exb's". I enjoy it more when I have to build my rigs up to where I want it and to make it durable to my bashing. Either way u go, RTR or EXB it's still costing an arm and a leg. For that reason I rather build my own version of an "EXB".
Also, let's see something new, different!!!! Not a jacked up RTR without electronics, but a different type/class rigs. Not the same ol' rigs...
Just my opinion, not looking for an argument saying one way is better than the other.

Edit: Who is MSH Global Empire? Seems like a brick and morter LHS AliExpress type store. From Malaysia.
What Juice do they have?
The factory in China let these slip out the back door ahead of schedule and HH is dumbfounded now.:ROFLMAO:
HH can forget about it. Things are like that over there. This MSH place knows exactly what factory & warehouse Arrma uses. As long as you have the know & the dough, you can get anything in that type of environment. HH has no weight to throw around there. Just like when odds & ends over there copy entire Trx models, all Trx can do is try to stop Ali's & Banggood's USA locations from selling them. That'll usually get them off the global sites too. There's no way to keep a warehouse from selling your stuff from under you.

As for us, HH doesn't have to honor any warranty claims from unauthorized dealers. HH probably never heard of these guys. So you better wait. Hell, HH will even honor 2nd hand if you have the original receipt. Off the truck stuff is never a good idea anyway.

Last edited:
I'm kind've getting bored with the idea of the "exb's". I enjoy it more when I have to build my rigs up to where I want it and to make it durable to my bashing. Either way u go, RTR or EXB it's still costing an arm and a leg. For that reason I rather build my own version of an "EXB".
Also, let's see something new, different!!!! Not a jacked up RTR without electronics, but a different type/class rigs. Not the same ol' rigs...
Just my opinion, not looking for an argument saying one way is better than the other.
I kind of agree. The biggest appeal of the EXB to me is the lack of electronics. I’d rather see a kit form but I know that isn’t Arrma’s thing. I’ll still either grab this or the 6s since I don’t have a Kraton, yet.
HH can forget about it. Things are like that over there. This MSH place knows exactly what factory & warehouse Arrma uses. As long as you have the know & the dough, you can get anything in that type of environment. HH has no weight to throw around there. Just like when odds & ends over there copy entire Trx models, all Trx can do is try to stop Ali's & Banggood's USA locations from selling them. That'll usually get them off the global sites too. There's no way to keep a warehouse from selling your stuff from under you.
Exactly. It’s sadly the cost of doing business over there. It shouldn’t be like that but it is and it isn’t just thing hobby or industry it is everything produced.

I still say that this EXB 8s was gotten out of proper channels. I don't know I would call it a "leak" at all. Worse than that.
OR Arrma and HH are a real stinking mess these days? 🤷‍♂️
What country is that EXB 8s in???? I missed that.
HH is an American brand. First and foremost.
HH, North America has the reigns. Not even Arrma, UK can control it.
If anything this should be a sign that the release should be announced any day. 👍 Not months from now.

What Juice do they have?

Otherwise why don't we have these yet?
JD even stated that HH is AIR Freighting their stuff to keep the parts train logistics moving faster. No slow boat wait.
It seems like some sort of online shop in Malaysia somewhere, how he got hold of it is a mystery but I remember seeing the 1st outcast 8s from around there as well so I'm thinking the two might possibly be connected. Is there a, secret arrma factory somewhere knocking out sly rigs on the qt 😉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back