Kraton EXB Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamart85

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Just came in! Any advice will be appreciated. Looks like it comes with the 13x16 shims

IMG_20201118_141756_01.jpg

I would open the rear diff to see what comes inside.
That is on my to-do list, will report what I find haha ??

First thing I did was check all screws are tight. Didn't see screws protruding into where the batteries sit.

The hex nuts have a bunch of loctite to the point I had to punch out the pin and then pry off the hex nut.

Read on this great forum to remove the grub screw with some heat. Bought a mini hot air gun that worked like a charm!

Nice. What are you thinking on putting in it? Mine just shipped today.
Gonna go with the Hobbywing Max8 combo with the 2200kv motor, Power HD R30 servo, and a Flysky GT5 transmitter with the BS6 receiver. Not looking for crazy speed and doubt I'll be sending it over 10+ feet, but you never know ?

Gonna go with the Hobbywing Max8 combo with the 2200kv motor, Power HD R30 servo, and a Flysky GT5 transmitter with the BS6 receiver. Not looking for crazy speed and doubt I'll be sending it over 10+ feet, but you never know ?
With that combo I would get a motor fan right away and keep the pinion size down as this combo likes to get hot in the heavier kraton body. Just my experience... I have this same combo in my typhon all decked out and “heavier than stock” has just bash it chassis and other goodies and it still gets warm even in this smaller 1/8.. it’ll scoot though even with a smaller pinion Seeing as it’s the higher 2200 kv..

With that combo I would get a motor fan right away and keep the pinion size down as this combo likes to get hot in the heavier kraton body. Just my experience... I have this same combo in my typhon all decked out and “heavier than stock” has just bash it chassis and other goodies and it still gets warm even in this smaller 1/8.. it’ll scoot though even with a smaller pinion Seeing as it’s the higher 2200 kv..
Yeah I got the Hobbywing C4 heatsink/fan for it, see how that works. Box only came with a 12T pinion but read 14T or 15T should be ok. I'll start with the 12T and check how my temps are on the ESC and motor.

Maybe in the future I'll order a lower kv motor and gear up?

Already have my first upgrade ?

IMG_20201118_181107_986.jpg

2200kv , a tad too high IMHO. Highest I would go is HW 1950kv combo. Running 6S. But many even go lower KV than that for more torque and less heat if you state speed is not your goal. 12T pinion/6s is really going to spool that 2200kv up fast. Rpm's, Temps and all.
Nice rig. Good luck. :cool: (y)

Last edited:
Now you got me curious about your motor. ?

You have the Max8 ESC?
That’s what I’ll be running it with, yea..

I also have a 4082 in the 1600kv that I had on a kraton and it was a torque monster. That was also paired with a max 8.. that setup is now on my outcast exb and runs great ??

links to a couple videos of the 4082 1600kv...

That’s what I’ll be running it with, yea..

I also have a 4082 in the 1600kv that I had on a kraton and it was a torque monster. That was also paired with a max 8.. that setup is now on my outcast exb and runs great ??

links to a couple videos of the 4082 1600kv...

Nice! I'll work with what I have and go from there. Was looking at this Motor if the 2200kv wasn't to my liking:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyStar-...-/172708923510?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
Or:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leopard-42...-/173075910350?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Check the diffs to make sure they are filled - or change out the fluids to your choice.

I replace the crappy sliding motor mount screws with flanged SHCS on all my 6S vehicles.

Might as well start doing whatever body reinforcing method you plan on using.
You have a link to the screws you use?

Some small progress. Installed the servo, took it off and on a handful of times to get a gap underneath ?. Added the Outcast side guards too.

Followed the booklet and ran the servo wire under the front dogbone. Makes me think the wire could start to rub on the dogbone, has anyone had an issue with that?

Thinking of adding these wire tabs I have on hand, see pic

IMG_20201121_091430_107.jpg

IMG_20201121_091508_488.jpg

IMG_20201121_091723_222.jpg

Some small progress. Installed the servo, took it off and on a handful of times to get a gap underneath ?. Added the Outcast side guards too.

Followed the booklet and ran the servo wire under the front dogbone. Makes me think the wire could start to rub on the dogbone, has anyone had an issue with that?

Thinking of adding these wire tabs I have on hand, see pic

If I remember correctly, the bottom of the ESC plate has tabs to route the ESC wires closer to the center diff where the dogbone is higher. You should be able to route the servo wires together with the ESC wires through those tabs. Servo wire goes through (1) and the ESC wire comes through the notch and they both go through (2).

27D21C94-03DC-4CBF-900F-0B14C264EC1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back