Kraton EXB Kraton Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the wire tabs you have there. I don’t like mine running under the dogbone so I route mine over the chassis brace with a zip tie.

If I remember correctly, the bottom of the ESC plate has tabs to route the ESC wires closer to the center diff where the dogbone is higher. You should be able to route the servo wires together with the ESC wires through those tabs. Servo wire goes through (1) and the ESC wire comes through the notch and they both go through (2).

View attachment 110193
Yeah I saw those tabs but they're closer towards the servo. Thanks for your input.

Happy with how I'll run my wiring. Gonna have both wires go under the ESC tray to one tab closer to the center diff, gives about 1inch of clearance from the dogbone, and into the receiver tray.

Maybe add a tab on the battery tray and use some loom in the future

IMG_20201121_103346_496.jpg

I like the wire tabs you have there. I don’t like mine running under the dogbone so I route mine over the chassis brace with a zip tie.
They've held up great on my Tmaxx. Made sure to wipe with rubbing alcohol where the tab is gonna go.

Here's the link to them. You get 100 pieces. 2 sizes in black and white

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTYRVKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_1hwUFb06ABQ0T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Installed shims from McMaster 12x18mm. After cleaning the diff oil that was in there (was low too) I reassembled/disassembled the diff about 6 times. Was only able to fit a .3mm shim and 1.5mm shim together on both sides of the sun gear. Filled up with 15K oil and slapped some moly grease on the ring & pinion before buttoning it up.

Also added the M2C rear shock tower braces ??

IMG_20201123_193554_518.jpg

IMG_20201123_183704_432.jpg

Installed shims from McMaster 12x18mm. After cleaning the diff oil that was in there (was low too) I reassembled/disassembled the diff about 6 times. Was only able to fit a .3mm shim and 1.5mm shim together on both sides of the sun gear. Filled up with 15K oil and slapped some moly grease on the ring & pinion before buttoning it up.

Also added the M2C rear shock tower braces ??

View attachment 110709

View attachment 110710
1.8mm is about what I have as well. ??

I even bought some .1mm shims, stuffed it on one side and it still had that knotchy feel. 1.8mm is where it's at for mine ?????
I have 1.75 per side in my rears

Sometimes I just zip tie just above Front Chassis brace. And sometimes I may just route under the ESC tray and across the chassis to the Rx bx. It goes no where if the wire is taught between the 2. Wire length determines best feasible place. I wire cover with braid anyway most of the time. Never had wire damage or rubbing . ever.

Sometimes I just zip tie just above Front Chassis brace. And sometimes I may just route under the ESC tray and across the chassis to the Rx bx. It goes no where if the wire is taught between the 2. Wire length determines best feasible place. I wire cover with braid anyway most of the time. Never had wire damage or rubbing . ever.
What wire braid do you use?

Amazon.com: 25ft - 1/4 inch PET Expandable Braided Sleeving – Black – Alex Tech Braided Cable Sleeve: Home Audio & Theater

There is a slight learning curve. Look for a video to help you slide onto the wire. You also want heat shrink tubing. Its best to burn/melt( lighter for a second)) the cut braid at the ends so it doesn't fall apart while expanding it while sleeving over the wires. Once you do it a few times its simple and neat. No more potential wire damage. Sometimes I use it on my larger ESC leads. But de-soldering and re-soldering on the stock ESC is necessary. Time consuming. When I am bored an have time I will do it. Or usually when I am changing out to new connectors. That's the best opportunity, when the connectors are removed. On servo leads usually you can stretch the braid over the Connectors. There is a slight learning curve to use these. Measuring is important. Because when the braid is expanded, it shortens a bit. Good luck.

20201124_140239.jpg

Last edited:
There are some items that I braid and route nicely. Other things get moved or changed often just don’t justify all the work to just rip it out later.

I go thru servos too frequently, so I don't always braid them unless they are too close to hot components or near gears and rotating parts, depending on the rig. I find that my motor fan wires are a good good candidate for braid because they run near the center diff and hot motor. These wires travel a good distance to the Rx or ESC fan port. I always braid lighting wires if I run lights. They travel long runs across the chassis. Just some ideas. You can get creative. Also different color braiding and coordinating colored Heat shrink tubing with them is nice. Like Pos. and Neg. wires etc. To differentiate component wiring. I've been trying to locate bright green braid. I seen it once on someone's rig, It looks nice. Just adds bling. To make wires pop more. I can be tooo anal about neat and short wire runs sometimes. Depends on my mood. I may even braid the motor leads. More for show.
This is my RTR Mojave. But she is filthy at the moment.:( And in retrospect having run 3 packs in the dirt, these wheel fenders kept it 99% cleaner.(y)

20201124_144539.jpg

Last edited:
Is the diff shimming still required on the newest exb kits?
I’m expecting mine this Friday

I ordered the shins just in case but wondering if they’re shimmed from the factory now?

Is the diff shimming still required on the newest exb kits?
I’m expecting mine this Friday

I ordered the shins just in case but wondering if they’re shimmed from the factory now?
From what I’ve seen they are putting the LSD plates in the rear diff, which in some respects prevents the stripping of the sun gears, but I didn’t like the locked rear diff performance. It’s a personal preference. Try it with the LSD plates and see if you like it. My advice would be to get an assortment of 12x18 shims from McMaster and have them ready for a rebuild. You will need around 1.75 to 1.90 mm per sun gear. If you can find a 1.5mm and then some .10 and .20 shims you should be good to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back