Outcast EXB LSD Diff Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raoulmillais

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Hey,

I've just got an Outcast EXB and given it a couple of runs. I've heard that new EXB diffs are often not filled up properly, so I wanted to open up and check them all before I run it any more. I had a hunt around on the forums for suggested diff oil weights and saw a few recommendations for F50k / C200k / R20k (rear diff open) and plan to buy some before I open the truck up. Problem is 200k diff oil is basically impossible to find at any of the major hobby store outlets in the UK right now, it's out of stock everywhere (and doesn't seem to be a common weight across all the major manufacturers). Are there other oil weight setups I could consider or should I just hang on until it comes back in stock somewhere? 100k and 300k are both available. I've never fully got my head around the workings of diffs - what would be the impact of changing the weights in the center diff?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Definitely check diffs!
As for the diff oils, ask 10 people and you most likely get 8-10 different suggestioms; depending on personal preference, driving style, surface type etc.
If you don’t like the way it drives now With 100k in the center diff, I would buy 200k or 300k. Otherwise I would buy the 100k and 300k you mentioned, giving you the option for 100k, 300k and anything inbetween (mixing them).
Thicker center diff oil, more even power distribution front/rear, more wheelies😎

Last edited:
Definitely check diffs!
As for the diff oils, ask 10 people and you most likely get 8-10 different suggestioms; depending on personal preference, driving style, surface type etc.
If you don’t like the way it drives now With 100k in the center diff, I would buy 200k or 300k. Otherwise I would buy the 100k and 300k you mentioned, giving you the option for 100k, 300k and anything inbetween (mixing them).
Thicker center diff oil, more even power distribution front/rear, more wheelies😎
Thanks for the reply. I'm mostly driving on grass / dirt and tracks. Not really doing any hard bashing in skateparks etc but I'm moving to Brighton in a few weeks time so that may all change if I find good spots and meet people who are up for some harder bashing! I like the idea of more even power distribution but then I also think it wheelies plenty in stock form 🤔 Getting both is a great idea.. I think I'll do that.

^^^ This.
Be careful with the LSD diffs, they are best with weights closer to stock fill. Try using stock at first. Unlike The Standard RTR older diffs ( Non LSD/open) which traditionally run better with thicker weights compared to stock.

Thanks for the reply. I'm mostly driving on grass / dirt and tracks. Not really doing any hard bashing in skateparks etc but I'm moving to Brighton in a few weeks time so that may all change if I find good spots and meet people who are up for some harder bashing! I like the idea of more even power distribution but then I also think it wheelies plenty in stock form 🤔 Getting both is a great idea.. I think I'll do that.
I find that the BackFlip LP's are great on my Noto. Compared to the 6s BF's. FWIW. Less ballooning. I would drop the ESC Punch setting down. This will help you control the trigger and control wheelies, Nose lift. Much is driver input. It will stay down once at speed for the most part. I don/t like uncontrolable wheelies all the time. The novelty wears off quick. And you struggle to drive it. Not to mention wear and tear on the drivetrain and getting blow outs.

I find that the BackFlip LP's are great on my Noto. Compared to the 6s BF's. FWIW. Less ballooning. I would drop the ESC Punch setting down. This will help you control the trigger and control wheelies, Nose lift. Much is driver input. It will stay down once at speed for the most part. I don/t like uncontrolable wheelies all the time. The novelty wears off quick. And you struggle to drive it. Not to mention wear and tear on the drivetrain and getting blow outs.
Facts. I love my noto but I find its one that I have to put the most setup time into over any of the others. If it's not dialed in to a t all it does is point at the sky. I'm slowly swapping out to exb diffs in all my rigs. Sometimes I just want to mash it and can with the others. Do the bf lp's make that much of a difference? Is it night and day?

I run the bf lp's and are alot better than the stock bf's.Alot less ballooning and helps keep front down a lil better.Iv got a lil thicker shock oil in rear with the spring adjuster rings almost all the way down on rear. This helps it not to squat and wheelie as much. I mainly run dirt/gravel roads speedruns. 50/earplug/100k stock diffs.

Took my car apart to do sum cleaning and pulled out the diff to put silicone earplugs in and this is what the fluid looks like, its still fairly new only got about 6 runs on it no bashing. Should it look this bad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back