Kraton EXB Max5 and Hobbystar 56112 980kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanara.kenshin

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 8s
Finally got the k8s exb out. Its my first 1/5 scale after 3 months in the hobby. Its my new favorite truck. My set up is Max5, Hobbystar 56112 980kv, 32t pinion and 39t spur. So much power I can even use whole throttle range. I need to find a bigger space to launch it. This thing just needs to much room to run.

https://youtube.com/shorts/6wTfRvsEdIM

Finally got the k8s exb out. Its my first 1/5 scale after 3 months in the hobby. Its my new favorite truck. My set up is Max5, Hobbystar 56112 980kv, 32t pinion and 39t spur. So much power I can even use whole throttle range. I need to find a bigger space to launch it. This thing just needs to much room to run.

Thanks the same set up I run. I run the proline mx43s for tires.

Thanks the same set up I run. I run the proline mx43s for tires.
How do you fellers like the 980kv? what gears ?

I'm trying the 32t as well with 39spur

How do you fellers like the 980kv? what gears ?

I'm trying the 32t as well with 39spur
Im actually surprise how good this set up is. I just follow Rich D’s setup. Esc setting are stock. Punch setting is at 3. Next is just tune the suspension and probably change to heavier diff oil for F&R.

Im actually surprise how good this set up is. I just follow Rich D’s setup. Esc setting are stock. Punch setting is at 3. Next is just tune the suspension and probably change to heavier diff oil for F&R.
Yeah I would...make sure you get the diff screws good and tight..I have have a few differential where the screws came undone and took out the dows and the gears ⚙
20210226_191547.jpg
20210309_154657.jpg

Yeah I would...make sure you get the diff screws good and tight..I have have a few differential where the screws came undone and took out the dows and the gears ⚙ View attachment 133969View attachment 133970
Thanks for the tip. I will be checking on it. I was just couldnt wait to try it out. Its my first 1/5. Rich said on his video that the diffs were filled good from factory. Im sure it will he okay for a weekend run. Looks like Arrma has been improving on QC.

I just ordered the 980kv and max5. went with 32t, 35t, and 39t pinions. It's been a few months. How are you guys liking the setups. whats been top speed?
Running the lepoard 200a (max5) and same hobbystar motor with 39/39 running proline mashers I topped out at 59.6. It wasn’t quite maxed out yet

I pulled my trans and diffs. Apart. ( everything was loose after about 6 packs). Front and rear diff fluid very thin. Changed to aluminum diff housing front and rear stainless bolts and 2m diff gel. Trans seemed a little thicker cleaned it all out put in 25m and stainless steel bolts. Loctited everything also upgraded trans housing to aluminum…. Truck. Handles so much better.

Side note I just put a TP 960 in my Cexb ( hand built from scratch). They are a 50k Rpm motor. Haven’t done a speed run yet but it felt like another 10–15mph.

Running the lepoard 200a (max5) and same hobbystar motor with 39/39 running proline mashers I topped out at 59.6. It wasn’t quite maxed out yet

I pulled my trans and diffs. Apart. ( everything was loose after about 6 packs). Front and rear diff fluid very thin. Changed to aluminum diff housing front and rear stainless bolts and 2m diff gel. Trans seemed a little thicker cleaned it all out put in 25m and stainless steel bolts. Loctited everything also upgraded trans housing to aluminum…. Truck. Handles so much better.

Side note I just put a TP 960 in my Cexb ( hand built from scratch). They are a 50k Rpm motor. Haven’t done a speed run yet but it felt like another 10–15mph.
Do you have any heat issues?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back