Kraton EXB, no stock to repair..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Wasn't sure wether to tag this onto an existing EXB thread or start a new one.. ( so new one it is ? )

Here is what it's like in the UK when it comes to spare parts..!!! I'm sorry but this is unacceptable in my opinion, Arrma you are selling a truck with terrible QC with a known diff problem and over here we have no way to resolve it..?
In my opinion Arrma/Horizon are taking the pi55, for someone new to the hobby their brand new truck would now be un-driveable for over 2 months if they had a diff issue..!!
I love my Arrma's and I will find a way to sort my incoming EXB diffs, but I'm not very happy with the situation.

What's it like where you are..?? Are these parts available..??

Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 07.17.53.png
Screenshot 2020-08-14 at 07.18.13.png

That stinks Brian. Is there any cross reference to another brand of shim that may work? I don’t have one of these yet but am excited for you guys that do. The dif is very a unfortunate problem as it is so different than any spare Arrma 6s dif you might have around.

Here’s a link to an industrial supplier which has shim washers. Not exact but maybe the 6x12x.2mm would work. I know your in the UK but I’m sure there’s a similar type industrial supply place over there.
https://www.mcmaster.com/metric-shim-washers/ring-shims-7/

TBH, I get 95% of my parts through Amazon now because it's super convenient and often cheaper than the lhs...especially with batteries and accessories...

Just bought all the basic replacement parts for my two week old kraton.

Just thought on it and it is very weird how parts are lean over where Arrma was invented...guess we're seeing why outsourcing everything can be bad...especially to China. They're not playing nice atm and the pandemic is really not helping :(

I don't think that is the issue. If you notice, all diff related items are scant and in low supply, the demand for these items are higher than others, and it was not possible for Arrma to predict this. The factory they use might nor be dedicated to building Arrma products, so this demand is placed on a backlog

I don't think that is the issue. If you notice, all diff related items are scant and in low supply, the demand for these items are higher than others, and it was not possible for Arrma to predict this. The factory they use might nor be dedicated to building Arrma products, so this demand is placed on a backlog
I mean in general. The stock of models and parts has been low but that could also be due to the new models they're releasing...

It's all CHAYNAH! :p

This is exactly the reason why my LHS did not recommended me an arrma when I bought my first rc back in March/April. He literally said he felt so bad that people needed to wait for several weeks (3+) just to get a part in order to get their car running again that he recommended to get any other brand. I know demand went through the roof and (Chinese) factories were producing far below 100%, but I hope they will solve it soon.

@BashingBrian
I read in a German Forum a few days ago, that HH told a German Shop that they ''are opening up Kraton EXBs to 'check something' ''.
Now, they didn't tell what they are checking, but the diffs would make sense, so there is a possibility that this Problem won't occur that much (according to a German Youtuber, he had the right shims in the right ammount in his rear diff).
Although I can only say that I heard this about Horizon Germany, but there might be a possibility that HH UK does the same thing.

Also, a german shop had the LSD Plates in stock the same day as his EXBs got in stock, so maybe these parts will be in stock when the EXBs arrive (although the plates are already out of stock again in Germany)

@BashingBrian

Have you tried Ron's RCs? they're allowing pre-orders of EXB parts and their website says they'll receive their first batch on 17/08. My EXB is due for delivery next week and I've ordered a stock of spare diffs and turnbuckles, also going to convert my Notorious over to use the limited slip diffs probably.

And dammit i just ordered a Felony as well from Wheelspin. Good job my son is into RCs as well and i can justify it to my wife as father/son time!!

Wasn't sure wether to tag this onto an existing EXB thread or start a new one.. ( so new one it is ? )

Here is what it's like in the UK when it comes to spare parts..!!! I'm sorry but this is unacceptable in my opinion, Arrma you are selling a truck with terrible QC with a known diff problem and over here we have no way to resolve it..?
In my opinion Arrma/Horizon are taking the pi55, for someone new to the hobby their brand new truck would now be un-driveable for over 2 months if they had a diff issue..!!
I love my Arrma's and I will find a way to sort my incoming EXB diffs, but I'm not very happy with the situation.

Watch the Jason Deardon interview. No production for 6-7 weeks. Supply chain problems so they often couldn’t make parts because they couldn’t get the plastic or alloy or steel they need. Travel restrictions so they can’t fly to China and dig in to QC or deal with problems quickly. Massive unexpected and completely unprecedented growth at a time where they are completely unable to respond. I am satisfied that they are doing everything they can.

No one new to the hobby buys an EXB. Deardon talked about how they had to completely change their release schedule. I think your options are have an EXB with a few QC issues and limited/delayed parts availability or don’t have an EXB at all. I don’t think Deardon is “taking the pi$$” at all, I think he and Arrma and HH are doing everything they possibly can to get trucks, parts and support to their customers. Arrma stuff is more difficult to get because their stuff is awesome and so many people are buying them.

Interesting that I believe some shops and online stores are buying new EXB and RTR trucks that have parts in high demand and parting them out. That will not last long but it’s helpful to bridge the gap. Arrma and HH are pushing hard and air freighting everything. You may not be happy with the results or the decisions they made, you may not like having to wait for parts, but what is the alternative?

View attachment 94332View attachment 94333
really what are you all whining ? really where just stop whining about those shims.

arrma comes up with the solution to use those iron slip plates.
Then just do that and don't kick the brand into the ground

He drives fine with the plates ? have them in it so I don't see the problem you are making of it.
nagging makes no sense either and behaving like a small child certainly not because you don't get your way? if you don't like the car Just sell IT ?

And as if the previous kraton was perfect ? and otherwise you still can go to Traxxas and you can cry about it at their ?

really what are you all whining ? really where just stop whining about those shims.

arrma comes up with the solution to use those iron slip plates.
Then just do that and don't kick the brand into the ground

He drives fine with the plates ? have them in it so I don't see the problem you are making of it.
nagging makes no sense either and behaving like a small child certainly not because you don't get your way? if you don't like the car Just sell IT ?

And as if the previous kraton was perfect ? and otherwise you still can go to Traxxas and you can cry about it at their ?

The CEO of the company says "here is the fix" and points at the shims.

People that just bought the $500.00 toy that end up with a broken diff after a run or two, CANNOT GET those shims (at least not anytime soon).

They have every right to be angry. If Arrma knows the fix is the shims, they should increase production BEFORE telling everyone to go buy them.

Just watch this ?

lol well they admit there was a mistake and they give the solution. ?

then you can keep whining or just order those things and not complain.

now there are no shims then those iron plates problem solved and you wait until they are there.
and everyone has delivery problems due to corona and that will continue for a while ? again does not make sense.

I have that car too and I don't whine anyway? drives fine with those iron plates.
nothing broken so really a beast ? super happy with it ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back