Kraton EXB, no stock to repair..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Example Canadian thought police fined a comedian for telling a joke, he's appealing now: https://montrealgazette.com/news/ca...int/wcm/75fe9bb5-6b0f-4774-a9af-6bc0680e0798/

It has something to do with how the "hate speach" laws are set up. If someone takes enough offense by your words they can have you criminally prosecuted.

Your writing method comes off as very final and harsh is all. Maybe learn to speak less commanding and more nicely brother. Dude was listening to us, and asking other questions. Who amoung us hasn't had frustrations and felt the need to vent that? If you say you've never complained about something I'd say you're lying.

That said, what I mean is for example, this phrase:
"Well that's his choice and now it's done and stop whining and end off topic"
This comes off very much like your just being a jerk and it is unnecessary, it sounds like your used to others just doing whaf you say and YOU are whining because they didn't listen to YOU and just do what YOU want...

Know what I mean, all I'm saying is demands and commands = hostile perception which often leads to being perceived as being jerky...don't be Jerry please ;)

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all ;)

So much wrong with u ow your presenting your argument here...major flaw is ending with "suck it up."

Jeez man, did your mom not love you enough or maybe Dad a little too hard on you growing up? So harsh...
perhaps it is the translation from Dutch into English ? that it does not come across quite right?
I have no idea ? but it's really nice that you stand up for him ?

If you don't see the humor in it, then I can't help it.
the answers are just there and he doesn't want to do anything with them
yes then you should not whine and just wait a while ?

Portland chicago ect anyway i don't want to go into that bassicly if you say something against the current narative atm you get arrased or attcked by you know who
They don’t fine you for speech.
I live just off the island of Montreal and I gotta say that our hobby shops are a joke when it comes to carrying Arrma gear. Anything remotely exotic, really. Besides the waiting period of 2+ weeks (pre-Covid pandemic), they charge 20-25% more than online shops. Plus... PLUS, I gotta drive into the city to pick up what I ordered (I drive a Hemi-powered Durango so ya know she has a heavy drinking problem).

I get locals raving, “Support your LHS!”. Ummm.... fk that. The reasoning behind these people is that LHS can help loyal customers if they need technical help, but as a jet engine technician, I can handle the proper shimming of a given differential. Furthermore, majority of LHS are mere “parts changers” and do not troubleshoot WHY something broke. What good is that??

So I give 98% of my business to my neighbors across the border. Shipping expensive? Bahhhhh.... not when it gets me what I need delivered to my door and not having to deal with bullsht small talk at LHS (ya... I’m introverted). I just order a larger quantity of consumables that I need is all.

Moral of the story: Don’t b!tch about shipping costs... make it work for you.

Canadians are not blessed with Amendments, so freedom of speech is not something which protects us. Because of this, lots of canadians get stomach ulcers from keeping things to themselves ?
Yeah my LHS sucks too. They carry a few rigs and some spare parts that they ordered 5 years ago and haven’t sold yet. Pretty sure the owner is cash strapped. Either that or he makes poor decisions on what to buy. They laughed at me when I asked how many EXBs they ordered. Said they won’t ever order any as nobody wants a roller. Once in a blue moon will they have any item in stock that I need and like you said marked up a bunch too. Hobbytown website says normal price but you walk in and the store shows a higher price. You have to hope you have a coupon to get it back down to “normal” price. If they had parts on hand and I needed them, I wouldn’t mind paying the premium. But they don’t have it AND want a premium, I say they’re worthless.

Last edited:
perhaps it is the translation from Dutch into English ? that it does not come across quite right?
I have no idea ? but it's really nice that you stand up for him ?

If you don't see the humor in it, then I can't help it.
the answers are just there and he doesn't want to do anything with them
yes then you should not whine and just wait a while ?
I see, okay, this makes more sense. You are not natively typing in English but using a translator? I agree with playing the cards you are dealt but sometimes it is unfair how those cards are dealt so I allow for a certain amount of complaining as life can be frustrating and I've no idea what they are experiencing beyond what is typed so it doesn't bother me to hear someone out on their complaints. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to pay $40 US extra to get something in any kind of timely manner as well so it is understandable at least ;)
They don’t fine you for speech.

Yeah my LHS sucks too. They carry a few rigs and some spare parts that they ordered 5 years ago and haven’t sold yet. Pretty sure the owner is cash strapped. Either that or he makes poor decisions on what to buy. They laughed at me when I asked how many EXBs they ordered. Said they won’t ever order any as nobody wants a roller. Once in a blue moon will they have any item in stock that I need and like you said marked up a bunch too. Hobbytown website says normal price but you walk in and the store shows a higher price. You have to hope you have a coupon to get it back down to “normal” price. If they had parts on hand and I needed them, I wouldn’t mind paying the premium. But they don’t have it AND want a premium, I say they’re worthless.
I use my lhs to get the RTR models and that's about it. Their prices are always higher than what Amazon charges for the same parts...and I get free shipping and one day delivery with Prime so...

I live just off the island of Montreal and I gotta say that our hobby shops are a joke when it comes to carrying Arrma gear. Anything remotely exotic, really. Besides the waiting period of 2+ weeks (pre-Covid pandemic), they charge 20-25% more than online shops. Plus... PLUS, I gotta drive into the city to pick up what I ordered (I drive a Hemi-powered Durango so ya know she has a heavy drinking problem).

I get locals raving, “Support your LHS!”. Ummm.... fk that. The reasoning behind these people is that LHS can help loyal customers if they need technical help, but as a jet engine technician, I can handle the proper shimming of a given differential. Furthermore, majority of LHS are mere “parts changers” and do not troubleshoot WHY something broke. What good is that??

So I give 98% of my business to my neighbors across the border. Shipping expensive? Bahhhhh.... not when it gets me what I need delivered to my door and not having to deal with bullsht small talk at LHS (ya... I’m introverted). I just order a larger quantity of consumables that I need is all.

Moral of the story: Don’t b!tch about shipping costs... make it work for you.

Canadians are not blessed with Amendments, so freedom of speech is not something which protects us. Because of this, lots of canadians get stomach ulcers from keeping things to themselves ?
Here at my hobbyshop its not like you describe they charge the normal prices of arrma gear and has 80% of the stock i need and yes a week now 2 because of covid for orders. I go to ordi9/rc9 pretty satified with the service and they have a 5% off on everything

Example Canadian thought police fined a comedian for telling a joke, he's appealing now: https://montrealgazette.com/news/ca...int/wcm/75fe9bb5-6b0f-4774-a9af-6bc0680e0798/

It has something to do with how the "hate speach" laws are set up. If someone takes enough offense by your words they can have you criminally prosecuted.

Hate speech is not equal to “someone taking enough offense”. Big difference. Not sure where you are getting your information but I actually live here and it’s nothing like you seem to think.

Anyway sorry to have taken the conversation here. We are all united in our enjoyment of RC and bashing and luckily we live in societies where we are able to enjoy this great hobby. Cheers!

Here at my hobbyshop its not like you describe they charge the normal prices of arrma gear and has 80% of the stock i need and yes a week now 2 because of covid for orders. I go to ordi9/rc9 pretty satified with the service and they have a 5% off on everything

They’re still too expensive compared to online shopping. But thanks for sharing.

Hate speech is not equal to “someone taking enough offense”. Big difference. Not sure where you are getting your information but I actually live here and it’s nothing like you seem to think.

Anyway sorry to have taken the conversation here. We are all united in our enjoyment of RC and bashing and luckily we live in societies where we are able to enjoy this great hobby. Cheers!
It's all good, I've been to Canada 30 years ago but admittedly only know what I see in the news. That said, it always confuses me to hear about things like laws against your freedom of speach (something very in grained in US people) considering how incredibly nice Canadians are ;)

If you convert usd retail price to cad its maybe 1-2$ more

My time and fuel doesn’t come free though. Plus dealing with aholes on the road is something I rather do without. All this combined and buying from the US is a win-win for me.

My time and fuel doesn’t come free though. Plus dealing with aholes on the road is something I rather do without. All this combined and buying from the US is a win-win for me.
I understand but they are quite nice with me at ordi9 i was once upset they wanted me to pay to test my old motors if they were good or not and teh time where the degreaser can lasted me 2 days with minor use. Maybe j got a bad can other than that they are cool

I understand but they are quite nice with me at ordi9 i was once upset they wanted me to pay to test my old motors if they were good or not and teh time where the degreaser can lasted me 2 days with minor use. Maybe j got a bad can other than that they are cool

I’m happy for you but I don’t give someone my business because they’re simply nice ?

It's all good, I've been to Canada 30 years ago but admittedly only know what I see in the news. That said, it always confuses me to hear about things like laws against your freedom of speach (something very in grained in US people) considering how incredibly nice Canadians are ;)

I think we can probably agree that what you see in the news down there is cherry picked and heavily biased - on both directions. We have freedom of speech as part of our constitution and society as most modern societies do.

Here is the information: Charter of Rights and Freedoms, of which freedom of expression is at the top.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

6B6D059A-003F-40F9-808C-E97379ED06A7.jpeg

I think we can probably agree that what you see in the news down there is cherry picked and heavily biased - on both directions. We have freedom of speech as part of our constitution and society as most modern societies do.

Here is the information: Charter of Rights and Freedoms, of which freedom of expression is at the top.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/Const/page-15.html

View attachment 94755
That’s fake news ? Only Americans have freedom. Everyone else lives under oppressive communist regimes that we need to free you of.... ???✊?✊?

#worldpolice

That’s fake news ? Only Americans have freedom. Everyone else lives under oppressive communist regimes that we need to free you of.... ???✊?✊?

#worldpolice
America F@#K YEAH! Comin to save the muthaf@#kin day yeah! LOL!

He ain't wrong about our so called news. Major media in the US is very biased and is more like a peanut gallery than news...

America F@#K YEAH! Comin to save the muthaf@#kin day yeah! LOL!

He ain't wrong about our so called news. Major media in the US is very biased and is more like a peanut gallery than news...
Anyone who “watches news” today is a lemming.

I'm a fan of podcasts like Joe Rogan, not really news but he covers the "news" sometimes ;)
I don’t miss an episode of JRE. That said, what passes as “news” these days is people telling you their opinion. Less facts and more BS. Doesn’t matter what network. Doesn’t matter what side you’re on. It’s all fluff and not really news. It’s more tabloid TV. “You should hate so and so because he/she/they did this!” Or “be afraid/outraged/ashamed because of xxxxx”. None of it is worth my time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back