Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
So the RTR is $120 more. Which one would you choose? I do have an esc (same one as the mojave/K6s) and motor from my upgraded felony laying around. I would just need a 25t servo horn and a cheap servo. Thoughts? I know for sure that the EXB stuff is inferior than the M2C stuff, but does it matter on the mojave? I do prefer the blackout look of the mojave BTW.

EXB,EXB,EXB !!!
Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

Yeah makes s a lot of sense to get the EXB . Totally different animal but Tbone racing has a RTR V5 black Notorious for $530 with front and rear Tbone bumpers and chassis protector? I was considering that one instead. What do you say??? I have the Outcast 8s and EXB K8S in my collection, so the Mojave would be unique. I also have the Infraction v2 and the Felony (upgraded to 8s) and a Granite BLX v3. Hehe. I see that it's very easy to install a gopro on that Mojave. Hehe. Thoughts?
https://tboneracing.net/products/ar...ster-stunt-truck-black-v5-w-slt3-2-4ghz-radio

Really depends on whether you are looking for a stunt truck or a SCT style basher. I'm not a huge fan of the TBR parts personally, so I don't think they would influence my decision. If you have the ESC and motor lying around and you don't plan on using them for another project or aren't worried about keeping them as spares, go for the EXB Mojave. Servo horn and servo cost very little.

The Mojave is unique and very few people are unhappy with one.

Really depends on whether you are looking for a stunt truck or a SCT style basher. I'm not a huge fan of the TBR parts personally, so I don't think they would influence my decision. If you have the ESC and motor lying around and you don't plan on using them for another project or aren't worried about keeping them as spares, go for the EXB Mojave. Servo horn and servo cost very little.

The Mojave is unique and very few people are unhappy with one.
And from what I've seen, I don't see anyone having diff issues with these 6s trucks with smaller wheels right? Plus it looks way more fun and faster than the Notorious. Thanks.

Mojave is my jam. By far my favorite RC vehicle. I have both the EXB and RTR but f I could only get one, it would be the EXB. Thing is basically bulletproof minus the body mounts. The mounts are cheap though, so I have few complaints. Way cheaper to keep running than any of my other 6S vehicles.

Mojave is my jam. By far my favorite RC vehicle. I have both the EXB and RTR but f I could only get one, it would be the EXB. Thing is basically bulletproof minus the body mounts. The mounts are cheap though, so I have few complaints. Way cheaper to keep running than any of my other 6S vehicles.
OK Ordered! I think that with the Felony esc and motor it should be fun enough from what I've seen. Maybe with a 15t pinion? Thanks!

I'm getting tired of my damn Xmaxx body flying off, so most likely I'm going to sell it!
I think I’d have to go exb on looks alone. I never liked the red or green, they are just awful. May want to grab one before they make it an 800$ rtr...
Yeah honestly I don't like the red or green RTR or whatever color it is. I like the black out!

OK Ordered! I think that with the Felony esc and motor it should be fun enough from what I've seen. Maybe with a 15t pinion? Thanks!
If you use stock Spektrum 6S electronics, 15t works just fine.

If you use stock Spektrum 6S electronics, 15t works just fine.
That would hit around 50mph on dirt/grass right? That's all I'm looking for. Any suggestions on a cheap durable servo? I think that I have a 25t servo horn laying around.
So have some spare body mounts ready? Thank!

That would hit around 50mph on dirt/grass right? That's all I'm looking for. Any suggestions on a cheap durable servo? I think that I have a 25t servo horn laying around.
So have some spare body mounts ready? Thank!
Sounds about right. For servo, I've had luck with the DS 35kg. They are cheap and quite decent.

Is the plus 2mm wheel extenders really needed from M2C or so I just crank them down with my power tool and loctite like I do my other rigs. Yeah I use a Makita Xdt15r1b power tool to take off my wheel nuts and to tighten them. I've yet to loose a wheel nut like that.

Is the plus 2mm wheel extenders really needed from M2C or so I just crank them down with my power tool and loctite like I do my other rigs. Yeah I use a Makita Xdt15r1b power tool to take off my wheel nuts and to tighten them. I've yet to loose a wheel nut like that.
I have the m2c extenders and they work great. Highly recommended. Can you get by without? Absolutely, but the m2c solution saves a lot of frustration for me. I personally don't like using loctite on my wheels and that was a deciding factor for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back