Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind this is my KEXB i'm trying to relate with😆 So those are my front CVDs that keep popping out too often. I've never popped a dogbone in the rear (KEXB) 🤜🪵 Is the rear dogbone that big of a problem on the mojo's?
Oh, I see, KEXB..yup, front cvds pop out of the output cups!! Fought that fight too,LOL.
With the KEXB front, I removed the spacers from behind the pivot balls. That seems to do it for most.. @Camaroboy383 gave me that tip, thanks👍 Also, he suggested you could shave a bit off the end of the front upper/lower arms so the pivot balls can thread in a touch deeper if needed. I took it a bit further and installed Tekno spring cups, shock rod ends and even o rings to the shock shafts..in the end, not really a fix. The spacer removal/arm shaving is the most effective IMO.
With regards to the mojo, I think the rubber plugs keep things in check as long as they're installed. Arrma does sell them,although I don't know the part number.

Oh, I see, KEXB..yup, front cvds pop out of the output cups!! Fought that fight too,LOL.
With the KEXB front, I removed the spacers from behind the pivot balls. That seems to do it for most.. @Camaroboy383 gave me that tip, thanks👍 Also, he suggested you could shave a bit off the end of the front upper/lower arms so the pivot balls can thread in a touch deeper if needed. I took it a bit further and installed Tekno spring cups, shock rod ends and even o rings to the shock shafts..in the end, not really a fix. The spacer removal/arm shaving is the most effective IMO.
With regards to the mojo, I think the rubber plugs keep things in check as long as they're installed. Arrma does sell them,although I don't know the part number.
All good info for when I eventually get a mojo :cool: I just read about the washer idea the other day and i'll definitely do it when i take the KEXB apart next time. I'm just checking in on this and other mojo threads so i can know the in's and out's!

Is the rear dogbone that big of a problem on the mojo's?
No. Should you still feel like the dogbones can pop out when you fully compress or extend the shocks, just put an o-ring in the diff cups to limit travel a bit. The EXB already has rubber diff cup inserts in the rear and I never had a rear dogbone pop out.

No. Should you still feel like the dogbones can pop out when you fully compress or extend the shocks, just put an o-ring in the diff cups to limit travel a bit. The EXB already has rubber diff cup inserts in the rear and I never had a rear dogbone pop out.
I think I lost them..or, the dog ate em!!🤣🤣 I did try o rings first, but unless I stacked multiple wasn't enough to keep the dogbones where needed. Keep in mind my mojo is 2 years old with all original parts (except bearings) so that likely has alot to do with the issues for my mojo.
Also, mine didn't start spitting dem bones until this summer..a year and a half was trouble free..'cept dem $hitty inner hub bearings!! LOL Too thin/small balls syndrome..all Arrma 6s has that problem tho.

OK so I went with the stock 16t pinion for my Mojave EXB with the Spectrum system out of my Felony. I got 47mph top speed off road. But the motor got up to 180F. So I'm going to have to put at least one fan on the motor. At least the bearings didn't explode after one run like they would with the 20T pinion.

Screenshot_20221227_140159_GNSS PA.jpg

OK so I went with the stock 16t pinion for my Mojave EXB with the Spectrum system out of my Felony. I got 47mph top speed off road. But the motor got up to 180F. So I'm going to have to put at least one fan on the motor. At least the bearings didn't explode after one run like they would with the 20T pinion.

View attachment 265363
47mph ain't to shabby. I guess it really depends on where you run as to whether it's enough.. pretty sure my mojo has never gone that fast. Too many trees at my spot.

47mph ain't to shabby. I guess it really depends on where you run as to whether it's enough.. pretty sure my mojo has never gone that fast. Too many trees at my spot.
Yeah, I was hitting like 55mph off road with the 20T pinion, but the motor needed a high speed fan. But I don't think that small spectrum motor would last long term or the 150A spectrum ESC either. Furthermore, like I mentioned, after only one run with the 20t pinion, one of the inner bearings on the hubs would just explode.

With the big blowout sale of the EXB MO , and the site saying " not available " , they can't be getting rid of a very popular truck !!! ??? Dammit , I sat there and starred at the sale price debating and before you knew it , they were sold out !! Oh well . Maybe a new Mo coming ??? Hope it is NOT RTR !!
Yup, same here. I feel stupid for not picking one up on sale. Even more stupid that I paid full price since I still wanted one, but they are getting harder to find (EXB). Mine should be here next week. Got the EZ Run MAX 6 as so many have suggested here. I can't wait!

Yup, same here. I feel stupid for not picking one up on sale. Even more stupid that I paid full price since I still wanted one, but they are getting harder to find (EXB). Mine should be here next week. Got the EZ Run MAX 6 as so many have suggested here. I can't wait!
Oh , you're going to use yours ??? LOL Mine is going to stay new in the box for now . I'll use my V2 RTR Mo for now .

I blew up the Firma 150a ESC from my Felony, so I had an old Xmaxx ESC laying around. So I that's what I'm using on my EXB Mojave with the Felony motor now. It's been working fine after like 3 runs. It's staying in there until something happens. Hey, its what I got to keep this thing running. 👍. I am running the stock 16t pinion and on 6s only. Temps are excellent on everything. Fast enough too.

20230316_121604.jpg

I blew up the Firma 150a ESC from my Felony, so I had an old Xmaxx ESC laying around. So I that's what I'm using on my EXB Mojave with the Felony motor now. It's been working fine after like 3 runs. It's staying in there until something happens. Hey, its what I got to keep this thing running. 👍. I am running the stock 16t pinion and on 6s only. Temps are excellent on everything. Fast enough too.

View attachment 285803
Me too, sorta. I had a sweet HW Xerun 150a in my mojo, like 10 years old but still workin like a champ..till I decided to run the mojo in the snow.. bad idea, Xerun's are not waterproof,LOL.
I decided to use what I had on hand, a vxl8s. Mine doesn't look quite as fancy sittin in there as yours does.. I've only run it once or twice since. Seems to be decent, I have a 4092 1650kv in it.
I've decided to convert the mojo into a kraton xl. Kraton will become a typhon xl.. I'm gathering the needed ingredients now..
I like the mojo but, the body is falling apart, as is the kraton body, and I figure I might find a kraton xl more versatile. We'll see🤷‍♂️😉

Me too, sorta. I had a sweet HW Xerun 150a in my mojo, like 10 years old but still workin like a champ..till I decided to run the mojo in the snow.. bad idea, Xerun's are not waterproof,LOL.
I decided to use what I had on hand, a vxl8s. Mine doesn't look quite as fancy sittin in there as yours does.. I've only run it once or twice since. Seems to be decent, I have a 4092 1650kv in it.
I've decided to convert the mojo into a kraton xl. Kraton will become a typhon xl.. I'm gathering the needed ingredients now..
I like the mojo but, the body is falling apart, as is the kraton body, and I figure I might find a kraton xl more versatile. We'll see🤷‍♂️😉
I had two Mojave EXB trucks. I converted one of them to a K6S XL. I took the ends off and slapped them on my Hybrid Typhon 6s. I grabbed the ends of the O6S EXB that I sold and slapped them on the Mojave 😂. The K6S XL keeps htiing thermal with the 1650KV HW motor and Max 6, despite me putting two fans on the ESC. Meanwhile, the VXL 8s was running with no fan on my other Mojave EXB and that one doesn't hit thermal 🤷. Yes I know that the gearing is lower and that the tires are smaller, but still.

I had two Mojave EXB trucks. I converted one of them to a K6S XL. I took the ends off and slapped them on my Hybrid Typhon 6s. I grabbed the ends of the O6S EXB that I sold and slapped them on the Mojave 😂. The K6S XL keeps htiing thermal with the 1650KV HW motor and Max 6, despite me putting two fans on the ESC. Meanwhile, the VXL 8s was running with no fan on my other Mojave EXB and that one doesn't hit thermal 🤷. Yes I know that the gearing is lower and that the tires are smaller, but still.
Pretty similar to what I'm doing too.. I hope I don't have thermal issues. I basically took all the suspension from each and swapped. See how it goes. I left the center driveline and gearboxes where they were. I plan to run the typhon xl on mojo tires and wheels. The kraton will run either backflip LP's or some racing truggy tires mainly. Perhaps some backflip mt's..
Also, what I'm calling a typhon xl is really just a k6exb with mojo suspension..Asuga xlr body should fit perfectly 👌

Were you ever able to find an upgrade for this piece?
Nope. But since I don't jump my Mojave into the sky like I'm trying to hit the moon, it hasn't been an issue since 😂. I had lost my mind trying to do backflips with my Mojave on 8s at the beginning . All that is out the window. I just do long distance jumps and I just do open field runs mostly. Like you are supposed to.

Nope. But since I don't jump my Mojave into the sky like I'm trying to hit the moon, it hasn't been an issue since 😂. I had lost my mind trying to do backflips with my Mojave on 8s at the beginning . All that is out the window. I just do long distance jumps and I just do open field runs mostly. Like you are supposed to.
Thanks for the reply. It looks like it's NO WHERE. I usually don't send it over the moon but when i do it goes. HAHAHA i cased the landing pretty hard the other day on what wasn't even a big jump. When I found that piece broken it seemed like it should be upgraded and would be available. Oh well . Guess I have to wait for my buddy to get his Desk top CNC and make some.

Thanks for the reply. It looks like it's NO WHERE. I usually don't send it over the moon but when i do it goes. HAHAHA i cased the landing pretty hard the other day on what wasn't even a big jump. When I found that piece broken it seemed like it should be upgraded and would be available. Oh well . Guess I have to wait for my buddy to get his Desk top CNC and make some.
Yeah. I had a hard time finding that part indeed months ago. I guess almost no one breaks it 😅😂

BTW Arrma has that part :
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/rear-brace-mount-set/ARA320539.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back