Kraton EXB rear diff clicking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke too soon, AGAIN!

15 minutes into a run tonight and the clicking returns again.

I've checked absolutely everything I can think of. Mesh on every gear seem nice and tight (not too tight) hardly any play in each diff.

All of the rears and bearing look tidy. I can't find a crack/chip in any of them.

Also the whole rig seems very underpowered.

I very just fitted a max6 combo 1660kv. And it seems slower than I had on my max8. I know I'm only running a 15t pinion but still.....

I know gotta be doing something wrong, but this car is really starting to annoyed now. Nothing but problems from moment I had it!

Really doesn't help when I have a friend who regular V4 Kraton has barely given him any issues

Spoke too soon, AGAIN!

15 minutes into a run tonight and the clicking returns again.

I've checked absolutely everything I can think of. Mesh on every gear seem nice and tight (not too tight) hardly any play in each diff.

All of the rears and bearing look tidy. I can't find a crack/chip in any of them.

Also the whole rig seems very underpowered.

I very just fitted a max6 combo 1660kv. And it seems slower than I had on my max8. I know I'm only running a 15t pinion but still.....

I know gotta be doing something wrong, but this car is really starting to annoyed now. Nothing but problems from moment I had it!

Really doesn't help when I have a friend who regular V4 Kraton has barely given him any issues
Honestly, reading through this thread, with the amount of times you've disassembled and reassembled the diffs, i personally would probably just get fed up with not finding the issue (or having it come back) and just decide to run the diffs until the problem becomes apparent (ie, run until it breaks). But that's just me. I did that on my big rock when one of the diffs was making a noise and I couldn't find where it was. I still drove it like that for almost 6 months before the diff finally went out.

Did you change the pinion at all when you swapped to the new max6 combo? If not, then that's the culprit. I'm running a 1730kv motor on 18t and 20t pinions (conditions depending), so i would think 15t on a slightly smaller kv motor would be a tad bit slow.

Honestly, reading through this thread, with the amount of times you've disassembled and reassembled the diffs, i personally would probably just get fed up with not finding the issue (or having it come back) and just decide to run the diffs until the problem becomes apparent (ie, run until it breaks). But that's just me. I did that on my big rock when one of the diffs was making a noise and I couldn't find where it was. I still drove it like that for almost 6 months before the diff finally went out.

Did you change the pinion at all when you swapped to the new max6 combo? If not, then that's the culprit. I'm running a 1730kv motor on 18t and 20t pinions (conditions depending), so i would think 15t on a slightly smaller kv motor would be a tad bit slow.
Ha, funny thing, I just asked Hardcore RC. On his YouTube live and he suggested the exact same thing.

I'll give it a go. I'm still a bit of a noobie to all this so was just concerned that by driving with the clicks, I may up doing more damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back