Kraton EXB Rear Diff with LSD plates goes bye bye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikeyboy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just thought i would share this.

Probably got around 10 packs through the EXB with the LSD plates fitted on minimum setting.

Interesting to see that the LSD plates bent to the shape of the diff case

So maybe we need to stack the shims from a small diameter (0.3 shim) all the way up to a large enough diameter to support the sun gear to over come the concave cup.

Interesting ?
@Spikeyboy
I think the plates bent because of the holes in them, I don't believe it's the inside of the diff case causing it..? ( I could be wrong )
Was your diff running smooth when you assembled it..?

Go have a look at my EXB build thread to see my diff build for the rear diff..?

Just wondering out loud ... but why are we only seeing rear diffs being blown if the cups are the same throughout the vehicle? Lighter diff fluid in the rear (typically) a factor? I dunno - this one has me a little puzzled.

Interesting ?
@Spikeyboy
I think the plates bent because of the holes in them, I don't believe it's the inside of the diff case causing it..? ( I could be wrong )
Was your diff running smooth when you assembled it..?

Go have a look at my EXB build thread to see my diff build for the rear diff..?

don't know - something caused them to bend - the inside of the case if deffo concaved and the plates have bent to the shape of the case. Diff was running nice and smooth when i put it together - got about 10 packs through it before this happened.

Been told that a parts that will fix the diff issue should be shipped in the UK this week, after being tested by Arrma and the UK distributor - what those parts are i don't know.

Will have a look at your build thread
Just wondering out loud ... but why are we only seeing rear diffs being blown if the cups are the same throughout the vehicle? Lighter diff fluid in the rear (typically) a factor? I dunno - this one has me a little puzzled.

i think its just due to the power going to the rear, not as much strain is put on the front and center diffs, front and rear have same diff fluid being 10k

Been told that a parts that will fix the diff issue should be shipped in the UK this week, after being tested by Arrma and the UK distributor - what those parts are i don't know.

I'm very interested to know what these so called parts will be..?

I'm very interested to know what these so called parts will be..?

me too - this is the message i got from retailer:

"Thank you for email and I have personally spoken to the suppliers.

The parts required for the fix have been trialled at Arrma and our UK suppliers.

They are confident that the parts will be shipped late this week or early next week to customers and should you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us."

Can i ask where you sourced your shims from - think i might follow your idea from your build thread

don't know - something caused them to bend - the inside of the case if deffo concaved and the plates have bent to the shape of the case. Diff was running nice and smooth when i put it together - got about 10 packs through it before this happened.

Will have a look at your build thread

i think its just due to the power going to the rear, not as much strain is put on the front and center diffs, front and rear have same diff fluid being 10k
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure the center diff gets just as mih of that power... 100% of the power to your rear wheels goes throigh your center diff.

me too - this is the message i got from retailer:

"Thank you for email and I have personally spoken to the suppliers.

The parts required for the fix have been trialled at Arrma and our UK suppliers.

They are confident that the parts will be shipped late this week or early next week to customers and should you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us."
Another thing I'm curious with in that msg is... do I have to request them or are they going to be sent out to all people that bought an EXB..???

Don't mind me asking, where did you get your EXB from.??

I could be wrong, but im pretty sure the center diff gets just as mih of that power... 100% of the power to your rear wheels goes throigh your center diff.
Yeah but the power going to the rear is transferred to the gear side of the center diff and the front power is thru the cup side. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back