Kraton EXB Rear Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc4_kev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump on here and kinda hear everyone's input on my current situation. Got my Kraton EXB during the black friday sale 2021 and threw in a HW Max6 1650kv combo along with a 20 tooth pinion gear. I originally ran it on a 15 tooth pinion gear but decided to up it a notch. Didn't seem to end well because after just some punches on low cut grass to do wheelies, I have seem to lost power to the rear. A crunching noise started to happen to which I took apart the rear diff to see the input and ring gear are fine. Upon further inspection, in the diff I found the fluid to be very metallic and gritty so my suspicion is the internal gears of the diff have been stripped and no longer meshing. I've included some pictures of my findings.

I don't believe this a common issues as I've only seen threads posted on here about the input and ring gear mesh so my question is can I warranty this with Horizon? You can see some damage to a few of the teeth and when touching them, they feel sharp as if they were sheared down but its not very obvious what the issue could be here.

IMG_1796.jpg
IMG_1797.jpg

I also grabbed an EXB during the sale and took apart all my diffs to replace the fluids. My center diff was almost dry and the front and rear were fine. IMO this s/b covered under warranty. But that just my position as a customer and newb.

Hi everyone!

I wanted to jump on here and kinda hear everyone's input on my current situation. Got my Kraton EXB during the black friday sale 2021 and threw in a HW Max6 1650kv combo along with a 20 tooth pinion gear. I originally ran it on a 15 tooth pinion gear but decided to up it a notch. Didn't seem to end well because after just some punches on low cut grass to do wheelies, I have seem to lost power to the rear. A crunching noise started to happen to which I took apart the rear diff to see the input and ring gear are fine. Upon further inspection, in the diff I found the fluid to be very metallic and gritty so my suspicion is the internal gears of the diff have been stripped and no longer meshing. I've included some pictures of my findings.

I don't believe this a common issues as I've only seen threads posted on here about the input and ring gear mesh so my question is can I warranty this with Horizon? You can see some damage to a few of the teeth and when touching them, they feel sharp as if they were sheared down but its not very obvious what the issue could be here.

View attachment 207457View attachment 207458
Sorry about that...

Yes, warranty it with HH. I have the same rig and run Max6 1650kv with 20T so nothing wrong with that power it can handle it... something went wrong inside that diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back