Kraton EXB REAR DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEM!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
So I’m on my third or fourth pack and the rear differential is clicking.!! I thought these diffs were supposed to be better !! I’ve been babying this thing. There’s something wrong
Once before the same diff wouldn’t turn right with the truck off the ground. I took the diff out but couldn’t find any thing wrong. I put it back together and it acted fine until now
Has anyone else had similar problems?
The new version gearing is the main reason I got this truck. Arrma should fix this.! I really expected something good and got pounded for 500 bucks!! Have y’all had any problems???with the EXB???

So I’m on my third or fourth pack and the rear differential is clicking.!! I thought these diffs were supposed to be better !! I’ve been babying this thing. There’s something wrong
Once before the same diff wouldn’t turn right with the truck off the ground. I took the diff out but couldn’t find any thing wrong. I put it back together and it acted fine until now
The new version gearing is the main reason I got this truck. Arrma should fix this.! I really expected something good and got pounded for 500 bucks!! Have y’all had any problems???with the EXB???
1596075123543.jpeg

None so far.

@bars&tone RC is having this issue as well..

I'm only guessing, but I would assume the lack of lsd clutch plates and the added supplemental internal shims are to blame.. ?‍♂️

None so far.
I’m having the exact same problem, it clicks and I’m losing 80% of the power in the backend

So I’m wondering if this is a matter of needing to shim the spider gears closer to the sun gears? Has anyone had any luck with anything yet?

I’m having the exact same problem, it clicks and I’m losing 80% of the power in the backend

So I’m wondering if this is a matter of needing to shim the spider gears closer to the sun gears? Has anyone had any luck with anything yet?

I figured I would drag you into this..???.. easier for you to see for yourself what dearden replied above.. honestly seems like a good idea to me anyway.. I plan to run all 3 lsd in the bashcast eventually.. ?

I figured I would drag you into this..???.. easier for you to see for yourself what dearden replied above.. honestly seems like a good idea to me anyway.. I plan to run all 3 lsd in the bashcast eventually.. ?

yeah I don’t understand why they didn’t just do that in the first place? Like I’m curious do they actually run the cars and test them out how real people use them? You would think this problem would have shown itself if they did?

yeah I don’t understand why they didn’t just do that in the first place? Like I’m curious do they actually run the cars and test them out how real people use them? You would think this problem would have shown itself if they did?

As JD stated: open rear vs LSD rear.. Open rear makes for better handling

There should be 3 on the other side as well.
Has anyone figured out how to get this fixed under warranty? I get that the shim kit JD showed MIGHT FIX the problem but I personally can’t ? a shim kit and really don’t feel I should have to order one. Not meaning to sound rude but I am pretty upset about this. Should I take the truck back?
Should I mail the diff to Arrma? Order the shim kit and hope it works? If anyone finds out what we need to do for sure please post it

Has anyone figured out how to get this fixed under warranty? I get that the shim kit JD showed MIGHT FIX the problem but I personally can’t ? a shim kit and really don’t feel I should have to order one. Not meaning to sound rude but I am pretty upset about this. Should I take the truck back?
Should I mail the diff to Arrma? Order the shim kit and hope it works? If anyone finds out what we need to do for sure please post it
Why not just email or call HH ??‍♂️

Contact Horizon Hobby for warranty claim.

Seems to me HH has some serious QC problems where ever it is they assemble these things, not to mention the cast steel there making the diff gears of is just junk. They really need to at lest make the ring & pinion out of forged if not billet. I just ran my K6S rtr for the second time last weekend, blew the rear diff, broke one tooth off the pinion. Hate to say it guys cuz I'm a big Arrma fan but these diffs just aren't designed strong enough to handle 6s power. My Kraton is 100% stock electrics

i stiill run my stock diff. on my Kraton V2, always on 6s, no problem with them so far.
Same here and I run more power than stock. I can't even remember the last time I broke a diff. Seriously it's been well over a year. But of course people will blow donuts for a full battery, land under full throttle, self right because they don't want to walk 10 feet, and do standing backflips all day long. You can fix a diff but you can't fix stupid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back