Kraton EXB REAR DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEM!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on the other side of Mars in a small state called Connecticut but I’m sure there are others here that are in your planet.
Glad Arrma is doing right by you. I called them about my first EXB diff and they wanted proof of purchase but I threw my receipt out and my local hobby shop doesn’t keep records. I can get my debit card purchase history but it will just show a purchase. It won’t define that I bought my EXB.
That's a bummer... I would try again... I didn't have my receipt either... but they took pity for some reason... did you just try the one time?
That's a bummer... I would try again... I didn't have my receipt either... but they took pity for some reason... did you just try the one time?
Are you near Hartford? I only know that town and the suburb of Avon... otherwise it is Mars to me indeed!

Are you near Hartford? I only know that town and the suburb of Avon... otherwise it is Mars to me indeed!
I'm about 1.5 hours from hartford. Yes only tried the one time.

The new version does not have problems with the diffs
That is true

You should still open them up to verify oil levels And shimming of the crown gear against the pinion.they should all have LSD. You can buy the open kit setup who are enough to make 3 Diffs go from LSD to open i think for 10$ or so. Its a good idea to put that on the rear. The LSD has 2 settings less restrictive setup and an agressive setup
So how does one know if a version is the newer one? im looking at buying (but unlike a typhon where versions are clearly listed, it doesn't seem like the exb kraton has "official" new versions) at least that i can see. i have access to the box this sale is coming in, is there anything there that indicates what version i'm getting or if its the new diffs or these old ones that everyone seems to have struggled with?

So how does one know if a version is the newer one? im looking at buying (but unlike a typhon where versions are clearly listed, it doesn't seem like the exb kraton has "official" new versions) at least that i can see. i have access to the box this sale is coming in, is there anything there that indicates what version i'm getting or if its the new diffs or these old ones that everyone seems to have struggled with?
I think the first batch Has Sold out a while ago. Just like how the kraton 8s v1 cant be found Anywhere

One rough guestimate is to notice the Serial number on the box/ duplicated on the chassis.
You might make out the month and year of mfr. Usually 6 months from mfr. is very current.
I use this as a rough guide.

The original batch was July of. 2020 and I haven’t heard of any of those showing up since fat of 2020. Not something to be concerned about.

35F7BC80-3526-42FE-9CEB-1DCA78D4115D.jpeg
So I can see 2020 in here, 053 in front of that. Would have expected double digits for a day and 53 makes no sense. Maybe the 12/24 after which would put me in good shape and would be appropriate…this would be like a Christmas present to myself.

The first set of numbers is the model number,
ARA106053, followed by the year (2020) and then the month (12) and the date (24) and then it’s probably some build number for that day.

But yours is pretty far along. Mine was from the first batch from June:

540D56F5-25D2-4F59-A8D5-B8DA510D5A74.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back