Kraton EXB REAR DIFFERENTIAL PROBLEM!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom inside the diff. case isn't flat but curved. And because of this, the first large shim to put on the o-ring has been bent all arround, not a major issue. His diff. came with the wrong number of shims too. And as his diff. gear teeth have been wear out he have put epoxy inside to almost lock it. That's almost all he show in his 1hour video.

I received mine today. I just quickly checked the rear diff.. Only two shims on both side under the sun gears. One large, one thin, so not enough. Fortunately i bought the limited slip plates weeks ago.

And also, not that much oil inside the diff..

He found up the bottom of his diff cup is not flush

Why did he says there is 20 million fluid in the REAR diff? That's not what it comes with. Why would he put 1 million fluid in the rear? That's kinda nuts. The center diff maybe, but the rear?

EDIT: Oh - he added 20 million to try to keep it alive I guess?

He found up the bottom of his diff cup is not flush

Completely new to this. I running stock specs and ran the exb maybe 3 times. I took apart the rear diff after I topped up the fluid from before and both sun gears were chipped and I don't know if this is relevant to the above but I noticed all three shims on each side were con-caving. I have a feeling the problem is not with the shims but maybe the diff cup not being flush .so after a couple of runs the gears start to loose their tight mesh.

Completely new to this. I running stock specs and ran the exb maybe 3 times. I took apart the rear diff after I topped up the fluid from before and both sun gears were chipped and I don't know if this is relevant to the above but I noticed all three shims on each side were con-caving. I have a feeling the problem is not with the shims but maybe the diff cup not being flush .
Others have said the shims aren’t wide enough to support the sun gears.

Same here and I run more power than stock. I can't even remember the last time I broke a diff. Seriously it's been well over a year. But of course people will blow donuts for a full battery, land under full throttle, self right because they don't want to walk 10 feet, and do standing backflips all day long. You can fix a diff but you can't fix stupid.
Bro this speaks to me , thanks bro hahahah

Here is a new exploded diagram I have been sent by Logic RC along with some shims to go behind the sun gear labelled “service pack shims”
59995391-D4DA-4BB3-BE81-02667B464526.png

Here is a new exploded diagram I have been sent by Logic RC along with some shims to go behind the sun gear labelled “service pack shims” View attachment 111086

interesting - is this something they cobbled together or an official Arrma release? If it’s the latter, I’m surprised they would have two solutions after sourcing a 1.9mm thick shim.

interesting - is this something they cobbled together or an official Arrma release? If it’s the latter, I’m surprised they would have two solutions after sourcing a 1.9mm thick shim.
This is something that Logic RC put together to get their customers back on the road again! I am very greatfull to them as I could be waiting a long time before arrma make the new shim widely available. So far it seems to be holding up fine. The last diff only saw 3 packs before it failed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back