Kraton EXB - recommend me some electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys,

Bein new to non-stock electronics, what should i be putting in my pre-ordered EXB?
Nothing really extreme.. A 6s capable system is just fine.. But don't want it to run hot all the time

I was thinkin TP-Power 4050 (40mm×82mm) 3Y 2100kv
But with what ESC should that be paired?

Other suggestions welcome aswell..

I would also recommend getting a Max6 Combo or the newly released Castle MMX8s with the 1717. You'll run into heat issues with that TP motor I think.
I testet out a Max6 with the HW 2200kv which is almost the same size and on a 15t it was overheating like crazy. Currently I'm testing the 1717 with the Max6 and a 20t and this setup runs a lot cooler. Keep in mind that the added weight on this new truck + the bigger diffs will heat up things more quickly :)

Last edited:
I ordered the 1717/MMX8S combo and plan on running 20T.
I'm also running a 20t with the 1717 (non-sensored). IMO this is an awesome setup, with great top speed, good acceleration and also cool temps.
I just changed out the diff oils from 10/100/10 to 50/200/25. And it pops wheelies like crazy :D

I’m thinking this should be the new trend on all “better” rc vehicles! Ditch the plastics where upgrades are inevitable and let us put on our favorite electronics!

On that note, what are y’all thinking of the Spektrum ESC’s, batteries, and ... do they private brand a motor??? Anyway, I’m kind of liking the ease of use and integration /telemetry on my newish losi dbxl e 2.0 5 scale .... but also really like the momba lineup too... this will be a great topic!!!!

Hey, happy Birthday America tomorrow. Let’s not erase our history; please!!!!

Hi,

Don't mean to hijack, but I had a quick question regarding an EXB power plant since I'm considering getting one too.

Is there anything particularly unsatisfactory with the 6S RTR stock 2050 kv motor and BLX 185 ESC? I can get a good deal on that combo locally, and if its a good fit for the EXB, that may tip the scales in me returning my unopened 6S RTR and getting an EXB roller instead (my other post has some background).

My thinking is that if the stock combo is good for the 6s RTR I imagine it will be fine for the EXB roller? A Castle combo would likely be overkill for me since I'm just getting back into RC after a 10 year hiatus, if the EXB will perform similarly as the RTR with the same motor/ESC combo I'm sure I will be happy. Planning on running 4S to get started, then bumping up to 6S.

Thanks!

I know you say 6s is fine, but what the future holds might be different. A small price upgrade with a Hobbywing Max 5 runs great on 8s, even better on 6s. No problem starting with a 6s setup with the HW 1650KV. Later on 8s the 1100KV is a monster. I know that is what I am doing now, and getting ready for future 8s.

hello, this exb version annoyed me ... I want it! ?? I have stock electronics for all my arrma cars ... maybe it's a bit off topic, but I'm interested in what is so much better, for example, if I decide to sell my k6s v4 with blx185 2050kv and buy an exb and put a hobbywing ezrun max6 1650kv combo inside ... will there be an obvious difference or what is the advantage .... because the blx185 motor is also from hobbywing ... tnx ?

Hi,

Don't mean to hijack, but I had a quick question regarding an EXB power plant since I'm considering getting one too.

Is there anything particularly unsatisfactory with the 6S RTR stock 2050 kv motor and BLX 185 ESC? I can get a good deal on that combo locally, and if its a good fit for the EXB, that may tip the scales in me returning my unopened 6S RTR and getting an EXB roller instead (my other post has some background).

My thinking is that if the stock combo is good for the 6s RTR I imagine it will be fine for the EXB roller? A Castle combo would likely be overkill for me since I'm just getting back into RC after a 10 year hiatus, if the EXB will perform similarly as the RTR with the same motor/ESC combo I'm sure I will be happy. Planning on running 4S to get started, then bumping up to 6S.

Thanks!
I you don't want overkill power then the stock system will be fine, just keep an eye out on the temps :)
hello, this exb version annoyed me ... I want it! ?? I have stock electronics for all my arrma cars ... maybe it's a bit off topic, but I'm interested in what is so much better, for example, if I decide to sell my k6s v4 with blx185 2050kv and buy an exb and put a hobbywing ezrun max6 1650kv combo inside ... will there be an obvious difference or what is the advantage .... because the blx185 motor is also from hobbywing ... tnx ?
There's definitely a difference in power and especially temps. It will pop wheelies at higher speed etc. The 1650kv is bigger and therefore has more torque. But if you're happy with the stock system, then stay with that, there is nothing wrong with it. With a better ESC you will also have the chance to up the BEC voltage to run HV servos :)

I’d like to hear opinions on the spektrum set up. I run spektrum lipos and charger and like the whole intelligent thing.

was also considering an 8S set up in my 6S.

much as I like the EXB, be already gone beyondmost of its upgrades.

will add in the extra bits when they are available.

With all the different programming procedures and beeps and flashes combinations of the various esc manufacturers it would be nice for me to stick with a single or couple brands to “wrap me head” around esc programming. Also, it would be nice to limit the number of programming “devices” I’ve got as well!!!

I get higher BEC is very helpful, I get higher current ESC’s keep the esc temp down, I get lower KV motors have a lower back emf and run more torque at lower speeds but are rpm too end limited.... all this said, for general bashing I want to pop wheelies on demand from any speed yet also have ludicrous speed available! An impossible oxymoron statement I realize, so the question becomes, what’s the sweet spot for motor KV where the drive train and shocks and chassis can handle everything thrown at it from the powerplant / ESC pushing both torque and speed limits while not melting and breaking things all the time?

let’s keep this thread active!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back