Kraton EXB - recommend me some electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you work out the potential top speed if you run the 1650 with the 50 spur and 23 pinion
I’m also running CHNL 100 c constant with 200c bursts (they definitely have some kick!), first time I used the batteries I hit the throttle to its usual spot to pull away and it ended up on its roof, no #%$€!!!!!
Haha I just guess it from my experience. But I would say around 65mph with that pinion. Just keep an eye on the temps. My motor runs quite hot with a 20t. CNHL batteries are great. I need to get some soon. I use some HobbyStar batteries in mine. They do the job but a month ago it was super cold and I went out for a bash and used my Graphene Panthers 5000mah, which are basically the same as the CNHL and the run-time was so good and they still packed some punch even in those temperatures. There can be a huge difference between Lipos.

How do you work out the potential top speed if you run the 1650 with the 50 spur and 23 pinion
I’m also running CHNL 100 c constant with 200c bursts (they definitely have some kick!), first time I used the batteries I hit the throttle to its usual spot to pull away and it ended up on its roof, no #%$€!!!!!
One big thing is when you set up the MMX8S and the 1717 motor, make sure to use Smart Sense Sensored mode. If you use Sensored Only mode it will heat up much faster. The 1717-1650 should run all day on 18T and 6S. I like having a little more top speed for air control, so a 20T gets me there, but I can’t floor it and not have it overheat. I have my motor thermal cutoff set to 170F just in case.

Yes you can run the Monster X with that motor, but I would recommend watching the temps closely. It's a great ESC IMO but it tends to run hot. A Max6 or a MMX8s would run cooler for sure.
I wouldn't recommend getting the 1260kv. With a 15t pinion on 6s you won't exceed 40mph. You have to gear up a lot (24t) to get to 60mph.
I have the 1650kv 1717 in mine and top speed is around 60mph with a 20t. I only run it on 6s because 8s batteries are too big for my liking.
Hope that was helpful :)
it was. what is a better esc the mamba monster 8 or the max 6?

im trying to keep my kraton exb build below $800 so i just need something really good not insanely expensive and over the top.

this is the motor and esc im probably gonna get. https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creat...c756bcdbbf896e8a89f8fd1&qid=1617332656&sr=8-1

what pinion on 8s could reach 60mph with this config?

it was. what is a better esc the mamba monster 8 or the max 6?

im trying to keep my kraton exb build below $800 so i just need something really good not insanely expensive and over the top.

this is the motor and esc im probably gonna get. https://www.amazon.com/Castle-Creat...c756bcdbbf896e8a89f8fd1&qid=1617332656&sr=8-1

what pinion on 8s could reach 60mph with this config?
I prefer the MMX8s over the Max6. I like the configurability and the power is just crazy.

The combo you linked is great but try to find it with the 1717 1650kv instead of the 1260kv. The motors are identical except of the KV rating, so there shouldn't be any price difference.
With this combo you would reach around 60mph with a 20/21t pinion on 6s.

With the 1260kv motor you would need a 24t pinion at least for 6s and a 20t for 8s. I'm not 100% sure though :D

I prefer the MMX8s over the Max6. I like the configurability and the power is just crazy.

The combo you linked is great but try to find it with the 1717 1650kv instead of the 1260kv. The motors are identical except of the KV rating, so there shouldn't be any price difference.
With this combo you would reach around 60mph with a 20/21t pinion on 6s.

With the 1260kv motor you would need a 24t pinion at least for 6s and a 20t for 8s. I'm not 100% sure though :D
than you so much that is very helpful

Hello guys, i read it a lot but i got lost. I have a kraton v5 6s with m2c towers and chassis and backflip tires. I would like to change the motor for more torques and better cooling, and more playing time, but is it possible to keep the original esc? Which motor should I recommend?

Hello guys, i read it a lot but i got lost. I have a kraton v5 6s with m2c towers and chassis and backflip tires. I would like to change the motor for more torques and better cooling, and more playing time, but is it possible to keep the original esc? Which motor should I recommend?
What pinion are you currently running?

Hey @carlspeed you still looking for a TT MT4 G3? Mine's been sitting for a while after I got out of RC for a few years (Got a boat :) Now back into RC, I've been spending a bunch of money on all the Arrma stuff, therefore I'd consider selling it -- the wife is glaring at all these cars lol. It hasn't been bashed hard - has only ever broken an A-arm. It has a tower to tower chassis brace, new high end Savox servo, and Spekrum radio. Just thought I'd check. Would like to see it go to a good home.

Having just had a MAX8 ESC go up in smoke and getting it exchanged, I'm going for the MAX6 1650 combo in my 6s EXB. Is there anything that I will need to adjust suspension wise with the added weight of the bigger motor? Or is it generally not required? And what pinion do people suggest? I wanna keep the temps as low as possible, especially coming from the MAX8 which ran very hot...

Planning on building my Kraton 1/8 EXB with the Hobbywing MAX6 V3 ESC & Motor (4985SL 1650kV)

Will I need a motor fan to run with an 18T pinion in the grass? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for a mounting system for the fan?

Thanks

Is there A max6 to 40mm fan convertor plate out there?
Ive got the max6 combo in my EXB and im using a home made high power fan on the motor and esc using the mounts from alza racing, you can also get a double mount adapter as well if you want two fans on the motor but the single fan on mine keeps it nice and cool and im running mine on a 20t pinion

IMG_20210424_231914.jpg

Looking at the Kraton 1/8 EXB with the Hobbywing Max 6 combo, ESC & Motor (4985SL 1650kV).

I would like to run it on 4s and 6s. Aim is to keep motor temps low, im not busy with high top speeds.

What pinion would be a good choise to run on 4s? 21T or 23T?
And what pinion would be good to use on 6s? 18T?

/cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back