Kraton EXB - recommend me some electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've run 18 and 19T on mine, same setup (6S) and they both work great. Crazy fast on both tbf. Got upgraded fan on ESC and dual 30mm fans on the motor though. Temps are very acceptable.

Aim is not to alter 4s and 6s. Use 4s with one pinion and 6s with the other pinion when we are up to 6s power.

Same or maybe 20 to 22T. I never run 4S and swapping between 4 and 6S will ruin tires if you use the higher pinion.
A bit of a noob here, so please bear with me if the question is silly. Why would the tires be ruined by switching between 4s and 6s batteries in the case discussed?

Your top speed will be in the 70mph range (road) and the tires will balloon and blow up. Sweet spot for bashing is 55-60mph.
They typically blow up on rough surfaces when one tire lifts, there is no time to react.
Besides that , the motor will overheat and burn out due to gearing, again on grass etc.

Your top speed will be in the 70mph range (road) and the tires will balloon and blow up. Sweet spot for bashing is 55-60mph.
They typically blow up on rough surfaces when one tire lifts, there is no time to react.
Besides that , the motor will overheat and burn out due to gearing, again on grass etc.
That's if he runs the 20t or 22t pinion discussed above, right? On the 18t mentioned, he should be able to run both 4s and 6s if I understand it right. Might be a bit slow on 4s, but still no harm done, right?

Last edited:
20/46 gear max6 combo. This is my bash gearing. 40mm fan on motor 40mm fan on esc. Runs a lil warm now it is 95 outside. I have to agree with @jkflow 18t would be a good choice. I did shoe the noto with some belted sweeps and did a speedrun it ran 63 with 20/46 gearing

C89B0432-920E-4291-80DD-2F07C673129A.png

So running the 18T with the 4985 would give me the option to run on 4S and 6S.

Running on 4S would be slower, but there would not be any issues with heat and stress on the drivetrain?

If running the 18T with 6S it would give more speed and more heat, so a small fan would be a good option to at.

The higher 21T pinion would give more torque and or top speed if running the car on 4S?

Did i get it right?

Hello everyone, im very new to this hobby that i want to get into. And i want a BASHER! Can you help me with the build, im not sure about the servo will it fit, and i have not heart anything about it before, im on a budget also don't want to spend more than 1000.- euros
What else do i need to run the beast, do i need to resolder the connectors on the speed controller?

Снимок экрана 2021-08-31 в 11.09.48.png

Hello everyone, im very new to this hobby that i want to get into. And i want a BASHER! Can you help me with the build, im not sure about the servo will it fit, and i have not heart anything about it before, im on a budget also don't want to spend more than 1000.- euros
What else do i need to run the beast, do i need to resolder the connectors on the speed controller?

View attachment 166659
That’s almost the exact setup I have in my Mojave. I’m a total noob to Arrma, but the Max6/4985 combo is highly recommended by many. And if you’re on a budget, don’t forget to remove that extra radio in your cart. (Qty: 2 😊). Yes you will need to solder the battery connectors. Mine was done by the builder as a series harness for two 3s batteries. He used XT90’s, but you could use whatever connector you choose. I wish he would have used Deans, as that’s what the majority of my batteries are.

I agree the max6 combo is a beast ive got it in my kraton 6s exb with a 20t pinion and it shreds any surface you put it on💪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back