Kraton EXB - recommend me some electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have some type of timing that affects motor temps. It is a drastic change from the MM2R or BLX185

Timing in the ESC will definitely affect motor temps. Arrma's not sure on what HW sets for the motor timing in the ESC's, but most likely it's the wrong number for the application.

well like everyone we are busy doubting which motor and esc it should be.

I stick to the max6 also because you immediately have the option of s8 ? for in the future if we are 6s tired ?

I just don't know the engine yet, but enough time before it is there?

what do you think of this engine ?
#Aliexpress € 60,71 39%OFF | Rocket 4585 1580KV Sensorless Borstelloze Motor Voor X-MAXX Hpi 1/7 1/8 Rc Auto Vrachtwagen Voertuig Suv Rc Auto
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B0KuGV

I stick to the max6 also because you immediately have the option of s8 ? for in the future if we are 6s tired ?

#Aliexpress € 60,71 39%OFF | Rocket 4585 1580KV Sensorless Borstelloze Motor Voor X-MAXX Hpi 1/7 1/8 Rc Auto Vrachtwagen Voertuig Suv Rc Auto
The 1580kv 4585 is a fantastic motor. I have one paired with the max 6 in my limitless and run 8s regularly. It’s a beast. Loads of torque ??

I have the 4092 in my typhon zitten very happy with it but have not really had time to test them properly.

do you also use a heat sink and which one?

how bad is the downside to running the blx185 esc and stock blx motor from a 6s Kraton in the EXB? Would that just take the EX out of the EXB?

how bad is the downside to running the blx185 esc and stock blx motor from a 6s Kraton in the EXB? Would that just take the EX out of the EXB?

I think the EX in the EXB is the chassis, aluminum goodies, etc. Not so much whatever motor would go in it.

Personally Im thinking of the stock BLX stuff in an EXB because I want to bash and don't need more power to get me in trouble.

The 1580kv 4585 is a fantastic motor. I have one paired with the max 6 in my limitless and run 8s regularly. It’s a beast. Loads of torque ??
The 4585 is nice for the money. I run one with a ztw 220a beast and it’s pretty darn good. For a while Banggood had the esc for 90$. The motor on eBay was 70$. Not sure what it is now, the motor is still a good price but the esc is not.

Ive pretty much narrowed my servo selection to Power HD 23kg or 25kg and DSSERVO 25kg or 35 kg. Prices range from $25 to $40. I'm stuck on the KG, how much will i notice the difference between those? Also, is one of those brands much better than the other?

What pinion would you run in the EXB with the 4585 1580? The same as with a 4092 1650?

edit: i think RC DUDE runs the 23kg servo in his EBX, seemed fine - especially considering the price.

So the same for both then, roughly. Cheers.

Are there any recommended pinions, admittedly i've never even looked into aftermarket pinions before. As in, certain manufacturers?

Why the max6 over the max8? Was looking at this combo since it's a bit cheaper than the max6:
EzRun MAX8 Combo with SL-4247-2200kV Sensorless
@Rich Duperbash runs a Max8 with the Hobbystar 4092. Comments on it in one of his latest exb videos. Nice budget combo for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back