Mojave EXB recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
So, I’m FINALLY supposed to receive my truck today. I saw some threads here for some other 6S models that suggested the “must have” upgrades for reliable running, but nothing specific for the Mojave. It is the EXB, so it already has a slew of billet upgrades on it, and I already have the M2C +2mm double nut hubs ready to install. I also ordered an extra set of body mounts, as it seems like every Mojave bashing video on YouTube results in a broken rear mount. Beyond that, here are some questions:

1. What parts typically fail in the near term, and what upgrades are recommended?
2. To Foam or Not to Foam the upper body mounts? Some say it’s a must, others suggest it actually contributes to the broken mounts.
3. What initial service(s) are recommended? I know for sure the rear diff has been gone through already, I’ll probably leave the diffs as is for now, and I‘ll double check fasteners throughout the truck.
4. Any specific areas to torque with loctite? I typically do everything that screws into metal, are there any real problem areas?
5. Any other pre-run bits required or recommended?

I have to set end points and link everything to my Futaba TX and RX and do whatever most of you recommend for pre run service and hopefully have some fun without breaking anything right off the rip. Thanks!

I just ordered some clear Hobby grade 2mm PC/Lexan sheets from AMZ.
I used a thin cardboard scrap to cut and size a template. Take your time. When I got it just right, I traced out the Lexan sheet using the template, then a few holes drilled with several 3mm socket or cap head screws to secure. Does make a difference in keeping the nose of the Mojo down at speed.
Awesome! Because I just ordered a larger motor mount and a 30t pinion. Lol

@WoodiE ? Yes, I’ve also wondered why there isn’t a Mojave stickie like the other models. Some common info in one place would be a huge help, like parts interchangeability with other models, problem areas, common fixes, etc.
Honestly because I haven't taken the time to gather all the recommendations, tips, tricks, etc. It's a timely process that I haven't had much of unfortunately.

Back