EXB "roller" going dodo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
Does anyone know what Arrma has planned for EXB models going forward?
I ask because I was stoked when they introduced the rollers.. I mean who doesn't have a bin full of RTR radios? LOL
Then came the Talion EXB which is a phenomenal rig, but the blasted radio I don't need, and "smart" esc(no thanks) AND $750!!?
The k6 exb was $470, then the other day HH blew em out the back door for $329..
Where's the EXB roller going?
I sure hope it's not the way of the beloved Dodo..

What indication do you have that it’s being discontinued? To me it looks like a limited time sale, not a blowout. They had Granite Voltages for like half price last year and it was just a Black Friday sale and nothing more.

My guess is that the roller option did not sell through as well as they thought. People that are into the hobby like them but your average consumer does not want the work straight out of the box. Thus the EXB rtr releases. It would make sense for HH to discount the roller to move inventory. My guess is that you will not see the Kraton EXB roller in the future. Probably convert it to the EXB rtr like the others.

What indication do you have that it’s being discontinued? To me it looks like a limited time sale, not a blowout. They had Granite Voltages for like half price last year and it was just a Black Friday sale and nothing more.
Talion EXB RTR.. it's the newest EXB I think?
And, it's not available (talion) any other way from Arrma now..
Not trying to start rumors, just asking if anyone has any intel.
Gives me a bad feeling about where they MIGHT be headed, that's all.

My guess is that the roller option did not sell through as well as they thought. People that are into the hobby like them but your average consumer does not want the work straight out of the box. Thus the EXB rtr releases. It would make sense for HH to discount the roller to move inventory. My guess is that you will not see the Kraton EXB roller in the future. Probably convert it to the EXB rtr like the others.
Your making me wanna buy a couple… stop it LOL…

That's what I'M concerned about..
My personal Arrma model lineup may be limited time only if that's the case..
Oh hell, who am I kidding, I never get rid of any of my rigs🤣
35 years worth of RC antiques kickin' around my place!!
But seriously, I'm not truly interested in RTR, hell I wish they'd come unassembled still!!
Your making me wanna buy a couple… stop it LOL…
Sorry bud.. I'm with ya!!

That's what I'M concerned about..
My personal Arrma model lineup may be limited time only if that's the case..
Oh hell, who am I kidding, I never get rid of any of my rigs🤣
35 years worth of RC antiques kickin' around my place!!
But seriously, I'm not truly interested in RTR, hell I wish they'd come unassembled still!!

Sorry bud.. I'm with ya!!
Call me Capt negative if ya want, but I feel the writing is on the wall..
Clearly there's more fruit for the manufacturers with RTR's. Just sucks for the hobbyist..
RTR's, makes me think of auto manufacturers forcing TPMS, blind spot detection, brake assist, lane departure warning...on us. I DON'T WANT IT!!
Sorry for the rant..I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming..🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back