Exb shock stand off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_breaks_stuff

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Today I was out bashing my notorious and took a bit of a hard landing and snapped my exb shock stand off. Does anyone have any suggestions for better ones or can they be made stronger?
16145552797086663069411011734985.jpg

What rig is that from? I assume your EXB kraton? OK 🤷‍♂️
Gold plated as it looks like in the picture above. Confused me.
ArrmaRC.com, shows that as an option part on B/O forever.
If you swap out to Tekno's or M2C's the shock cap protectors wont fit any more. If I am wrong I'll let someone correct me.:)

EXB SHOCK STANDOFF (4pcs) (ARA330703) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

These above seem to be the best. Will fit stock shock cap protectors.👍

You just had a bad day. User error. Not always the parts fault. 🤷‍♂️ Not necessary to ALWAYS upgrade anything that breaks. That is not a good rule. Upgrades aren't always better.
Parts break because of user error. Especially this Shock stand off. Upgrades shouldn't be a band-aid for user error. Start driving better and you will break less parts.
Just me.:cool:

the m2c will work with the protector too. its the same basic shape of the stock standoff but made with better materials.

I wouldnt upgrade the original standoffs because the absorb a lot energy when failing on a bad landing. This prevents other parts from breaking. Just get some replacemant m3 screws in your toolbox and replace them in 30sec when they bent or brake. Happens to me half a dozen times already.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back