Talion exb sun gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the lsd plates all free because they can lock up and break the ears of sometimes

I think you need to keep the plates in the diff. Just rearrange the plates for open type diff. Or did you buy standard diffs for the EXB?
C19E0365-CC5F-49A9-8325-D0CEEBBB7104.jpeg

I haven’t had this happen on my Talion. I’m using EXB Diff with LSD plates. I tried the open diff set (ARA311094) but it would never mesh right for me so I just kept it as is and threw in some 500k.

If you want to do a proper open conversion to the diff you replace the plates with this big shims in this kit. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-shim-set-fits-29mm-diff-case-3-diffs/ARA311094.html

That being said a photo would really help to know if were talking F/R diff or center and then is its a broken part of the steel gear or the housing. Most of the time landing hard under heavy power is how you kill the gears/housings. From what I know the EXB diff tends to be a little stronger then the BLX.

I think you need to keep the plates in the diff. Just rearrange the plates for open type diff. Or did you buy standard diffs for the EXB?
View attachment 237219
got the shim kit from model shop but had to take one out as it was too tight. just to let everyone no been running this diff for months before it locked up
If you want to do a proper open conversion to the diff you replace the plates with this big shims in this kit. https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-shim-set-fits-29mm-diff-case-3-diffs/ARA311094.html

That being said a photo would really help to know if were talking F/R diff or center and then is its a broken part of the steel gear or the housing. Most of the time landing hard under heavy power is how you kill the gears/housings. From what I know the EXB diff tends to be a little stronger then the BLX.
front diff has the problem. not had time to check others yet will be doing this weekend. its the back of the sun gear it has little lugs two are missing.
.bit disappointed really the stock diffs seem better to me

Last edited:
Mojave exb rear with 20k and less configuration. Had this posted in another place but belongs here. Not sure which broke first the gear or pin.

20220901_195312.jpg

got the shim kit from model shop but had to take one out as it was too tight. just to let everyone no been running this diff for months before it locked up

front diff has the problem. not had time to check others yet will be doing this weekend. its the back of the sun gear it has little lugs two are missing.
.bit disappointed really the stock diffs seem better to me
Try a thicker gasket and keep all the shims. There's a guy on ebay from Canada that stamps them out of fel-pro gaskets.

put the tekjo gaskets on but had to really crank the screws down to get a good mesh with the diff pinion also put the extra shim back in now all seems good. just think I need to service them more often

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back