Kraton EXB Upgrades...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello, Im getting on a little better with my EXB, but I'm still breaking it most runs...

I've accepted the Wing Mount is weak, but I've broke 3 rear bulkheads in 3x bashes.... and I wouldnt say Im hard on my car.

Is the HOT Racing aluminium rear bulkhead a wise upgrade?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...arbox-case-bulkhead-black-hraaon12e01/p702005

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...case-bulkhead-cover-black-hraaon12c01/p861184

I also have unforgivable play in my shock eyelets, Is this the part to sort it?

https://badtouchbreakers.com/collec...kraton-talion-outcastseries-shock-cap-bushing

Or is there an uprated stand off part you need?

Is the EXB considered a Kraton V5? Not confident with the plastic side of the centre diff mount, would like alloy one but not sure if the ones I find are compatiable?

Thanks

I've broke 3 rear bulkheads in 3x bashes.... and I wouldnt say Im hard on my car.
OK, I'll say it - you are hard on your car...

Really, in three YEARS across three 6s cars, I have not broke 3 bulkheads... Quit landing upside down or on the rear wing... Slow down a bit till you can learn how to jump and land.

Hello, Im getting on a little better with my EXB, but I'm still breaking it most runs...

I've accepted the Wing Mount is weak, but I've broke 3 rear bulkheads in 3x bashes.... and I wouldnt say Im hard on my car.

Is the HOT Racing aluminium rear bulkhead a wise upgrade?

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...arbox-case-bulkhead-black-hraaon12e01/p702005

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...case-bulkhead-cover-black-hraaon12c01/p861184

I also have unforgivable play in my shock eyelets, Is this the part to sort it?

https://badtouchbreakers.com/collec...kraton-talion-outcastseries-shock-cap-bushing

Or is there an uprated stand off part you need?

Is the EXB considered a Kraton V5? Not confident with the plastic side of the centre diff mount, would like alloy one but not sure if the ones I find are compatiable?

Thanks
What part of the rear bulkhead is breaking? There might be other fixes cheaper than the HR housing. While I don’t own any HR housings, they are well liked. I just can’t justify the cost and added weight. They are also a three piece purchase. The housing, cover, and sway bar mount. Very costly IMO and should be sold in a set.

For shock rod ends, I prefer the Nero ends as they are a bit more beefy.

My shocks don’t have the play you are taking about, but I have the optional EXB standoffs, not the stock V4 style that comes with the EXB.

OK, I'll say it - you are hard on your car...

Really, in three YEARS across three 6s cars, I have not broke 3 bulkheads... Quit landing upside down or on the rear wing... Slow down a bit till you can learn how to jump and land.
this probably my 100th+ RC, Ive been into RCs for nearly 3 decades.....Ive had more issues with this so called EXB breaking more than any of my others. I know how Im using my RC, I know that I am dissapointed by this from a so called Extreme flagship RC. That said, Ive saw multiple videos of people using theirs much harder than mine without issue?

I agree theyre expensive being three piece and should be a set, maybe Vivaton are a better choice?

The bulkhead seems to crack from the bottom to the top around where one of the chassis screws go in. Ive alao had them snap off where the tower mounts

this probably my 100th+ RC, Ive been into RCs for nearly 3 decades.....Ive had more issues with this so called EXB breaking more than any of my others. I know how Im using my RC, I know that I am dissapointed by this from a so called Extreme flagship RC. That said, Ive saw multiple videos of people using theirs much harder than mine without issue?

I agree theyre expensive being three piece and should be a set, maybe Vivaton are a better choice?

The bulkhead seems to crack from the bottom to the top around where one of the chassis screws go in. Ive alao had them snap off where the tower mounts
I recently destroyed one myself, totally my fault though. (Few bad landings) $10 bucks for a new stock bulkhead isn’t bad. The EXB isn’t perfect, but with a few upgrades it’s a pretty solid rig!🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree with @jondilly1974, HR aluminum is pretty pricey IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve definitely thought several times about purchasing a set🤷🏻‍♂️

AFF6E43B-D1CC-4410-9D4E-94FADD17EFCD.jpeg

If your breaking bulkheads and wing mounts each bash session then you are being hard on your rc. They don't just break on their own. If you aren't landing jumps on your wheels you are imparting large forces into the rc that it is not able to dissipate without breaking components.

Regarding the diff case, the V5 case wont fit as the exb uses a larger 29mm housing. No aluminum case for the EXB yet.

Last edited:
If your breaking bulkheads and wing mounts each bash session then you are being hard on your rc. They don't just break on their own. If you aren't landing jumps on your wheels you are imparting large forces into the rc that it is not able to dissipate without breaking components.

Regarding the diff housings, the V5 housings wont fit as the exb uses a larger 29mm housing. No aluminum housings for the EXB yet.
Check the HR site!

Replaces factory lower gearbox case from Arrma AR310427 or AR310854

854 is on the EXB!

I must admit Im confused by it all! Anyone know about those M2C shock inserts?
What do ya wanna know? I’ve got them on a few rigs. Better quality and don’t wear as fast as stock. You’re still going to have some play, that’s how it’s designed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's the chassis that's the issue, not the bulkheads. The Kraton is monster long so landing jumps on either the front or rear wheels is causing huge amounts of flex. I had considered the Hot Racing option, which I use on my Notorious, but instead I decided to switch the chassis to M2C. On the stock EXB chassis, I've also had the screw that holds the rear brace to the chassis, shear off twice. There are other ways to reinforce the set up, @jondilly1974 mentioned one in a different post. I know it seems crazy to invest in a new chassis when you opted for the EXB to begin with, but for the ability to fully send this truck, a chassis switch seems eminent.

It's the chassis that's the issue, not the bulkheads. The Kraton is monster long so landing jumps on either the front or rear wheels is causing huge amounts of flex. I had considered the Hot Racing option, which I use on my Notorious, but instead I decided to switch the chassis to M2C. On the stock EXB chassis, I've also had the screw that holds the rear brace to the chassis, shear off twice. There are other ways to reinforce the set up, @jondilly1974 mentioned one in a different post. I know it seems crazy to invest in a new chassis when you opted for the EXB to begin with, but for the ability to fully send this truck, a chassis switch seems eminent.
Thanks, thats food for thought

Do they sort the 1-2mm slop the stock ones have? That would be unacceptable on a £100 Banggood car IMO
🤔 confused on what you’re asking. Yes the m2c still have movement, but that’s how it’s designed.

sorry I meant the diff case not the housing. Seems like these parts get called different names from different companies. 🤷‍♂️

This part. OP mentioned they wanted to change from composite to aluminum on the center diff.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-kraton-exb-differential-case-ara310983/p1237164
I meant the plastic part that the centre diff bearings slide into?
🤔 confused on what you’re asking. Yes the m2c still have movement, but that’s how it’s designed.
As in up/down slop?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back