Kraton EXB !!! Warning!!! Read if buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockPzyk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I am just letting anyone who wants grab these beautiful majestic beasts, I Repeat!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EXPECT A PINION AND IT WILL COME WITH 23T HORN. This has been reported already and I can confirm. BUYER BE AWARE!!!!!!

I got my a few days ago and I had a 23t horn (no good for my servo) and no pinion ..... also no motor mount screws !!!
Got in touch with company I got it from and they did provide the motor screws but no pinion !!!!
Love the machine mind it’s a beast

Arrma should be shipping any EXB with a 25T horn. Period.

Let’s be honest, how many EXBs run that 12T pinion? I mean sure, mine came with a 25T servo horn and a 12t pinion, but the 12T is a shelf part. 🤷‍♂️

What does the new kraton exb say that it comes with? If it says it comes with a 25t and the pinion, simply contact horizon and they’ll supply one. I’m willing to bet they changed the manual to reflect the change... maybe ... 🤔🤔

From the site - current manual includes required items - not a pinion. THey all come with a 12T and if it's missing they'll send you one. I wouldn't bother unless you are putting stock electronics in it.

Should come with a 25T servo arm - 24 and 23 are option parts.
Screenshot_2021-03-22_12-47-56.png

I am just letting anyone who wants grab these beautiful majestic beasts, I Repeat!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EXPECT A PINION AND IT WILL COME WITH 23T HORN. This has been reported already and I can confirm. BUYER BE AWARE!!!!!!
Would you be willing to share the serial number on your chassis to track this change of those included parts?

This might confirm that it is in fact an un-announced production change and not a random QC issue.

And others can do the same when reporting what they actually got in the box.
:)

I got one a couple of days ago. 23t horn and no pinion or motor screws. Think manual now says 23t horn is standard, 25t an option - so they’ve changed that. It’s not great - are they trying to force you towards a spectrum servo? But no pinion or motor screws is a bit rubbish. Ok, the pinion might not have been used, but spec sheet says it should be there, and the screws are definitely needed. Don’t have serial number to hand just now, but will try to post it later

Seems to be a change in recent shipment - the one I got a few weeks back came with 25T and 12T pinion. The one I got last week was 23T Spektrum horn and no pinion or motor mounting screws. Website parts list still says standard is the 25T (AR340061) and pinion is also marked "S".
Latest paper manual does show 23T included, 25T optional, but the pinion and mount screws are still listed as standard on diagrams and not listed on the parts required to complete. So one appears to be a (slightly rubbish) change and the other a QC issue.

Its bull poop and they don't want give me any credit for having to buy the parts not happy. But it is a roller, next time I'll be more prepared I guess, wait next time ??? Lol

Absolutely, I am disappointed there lucky the truck is so beautiful I keep forgetting they boned me . I have all parts to put it together and no drive pinion, poop I didn't even check for motor screws, all well because they messed up I bought a 2300kv t.p. motor for it so that should rip with a 14t on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back