Kraton EXB !!! Warning!!! Read if buying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely, I am disappointed there lucky the truck is so beautiful I keep forgetting they boned me . I have all parts to put it together and no drive pinion, poop I didn't even check for motor screws, all well because they messed up I bought a 2300kv t.p. motor for it so that should rip with a 14t on it
Nobody ends up using the stock 12T anyway and if you have an EXB and a TP motor I'm sure you have a set of screws/bolts. I change the stock motor mount screws for socket cap heads anyway. The only thing that would piss me off is the 23T servo arm, because I would use the 25T one and nobody will use the 23T. What they should do is ship both.

I am inquiring with Arrma support and the local hobby place about the pinion, screws and servo horn. I am in the process of purchasing the kraton 6s EXB and will post my findings.

This makes sense with the EXB. No need for a servo horn or pinion as it's pretty dependant on the electronics you're running and obviously electronics are not included.
Yes, it's the 23T horn that is weird - almost nobody will use it, but most servos seem to come with one anyway. And lack of motor screws is annoying as they don't come with the motors so you need to hold spares.

The biggest issue is that hobby shops weren't told so they were/are selling bundles that still required extra parts to complete the car - ending up with everything for your new car except a pinion and some screws is likely more than mildly annoying!

Yes, it's the 23T horn that is weird - almost nobody will use it, but most servos seem to come with one anyway. And lack of motor screws is annoying as they don't come with the motors so you need to hold spares.

The biggest issue is that hobby shops weren't told so they were/are selling bundles that still required extra parts to complete the car - ending up with everything for your new car except a pinion and some screws is likely more than mildly annoying!
Yea, mine didn't have the motor screws and I was lucky enough my LHS had some for a nominal fee. Got my EXB in Feb and it had a 25T horn that I replaced and a 15T pinion I didn't use.

I bought a Mojave EXB last month, No screws, pinion and 23t horn. I emailed HH and they sent me the screws and the pinion. Got the Servo horn on Ebay.

I already had some screws, but it was just the principle. I ordered a screw set from Jennys a while back.

Yes. It was confirmed earlier.

The local place made an inquiry. They come without the extra goodies. The reason why it's a bummer is because it all adds up. Those gears aren't cheap. The biggest let down is he got new stock 4 days ago. And the old stock was the one with the mentioned goodies included. And he can't go ripping through boxes to check which one was old stock. I want to build my own considering I have a servo (without horn) and my own radio. I was trying to avoid RTR route because of mixed reviews with their electronics and radio, even though I have my own.

*sigh* Looks like I wait until version 2...

It's not all bad. The EXB is a good value, and you don't have to worry about selling the take-off radio and electrics to recoup the costs of the RTR kit.

EXB , is the most insane truck ever I love ot but , if they change something like that they should tell us it was really shady, they also didn't tell you that your diffs are going to need mantiance like a rich house wife thats 20 years younger than you. I was told ever 3 , to 4 months they will need rebuild, or replace, sooo about 180 bucks once to twice a year depending on how much you run it yikes but it is like the Italian sports car of rc so I do kinda understand but ....
I wish they would put together a projected maintenance costs even if it was half of what it really is it would at least let you know what's going on and what you potentially could need in the future

EXB , is the most insane truck ever I love ot but , if they change something like that they should tell us it was really shady, they also didn't tell you that your diffs are going to need mantiance like a rich house wife thats 20 years younger than you. I was told ever 3 , to 4 months they will need rebuild, or replace, sooo about 180 bucks once to twice a year depending on how much you run it yikes but it is like the Italian sports car of rc so I do kinda understand but ....
I wish they would put together a projected maintenance costs even if it was half of what it really is it would at least let you know what's going on and what you potentially could need in the future
I realize I might come off cheap griping about the simple pinion. Not cheap, just poor. I have saved for about 8 months or so to pick one of these up. I worked out costs. I honestly didn't know about the maintenance cost of those diffs. I had heard about 6s Kraton diffs being long-lasting, so assumed the EXB diffs would be as durable if not more so than the standard RTR. Thanks for the heads up though. Some of these things are really deterring me from pulling the trigger on it. And during pandemic I don't know if I feel like waiting 2 months for some M4 x 12mm to slap a motor on the thing. And can't go to a hardware store because of lockdowns in my area. I would definitely run the 12T to keep my cost down and to just get the thing going.

I never bash hard, and that's why I was interested in the EXB. Figured it would be above and beyond my use so I don't break the thing

Again, thanks for the heads up about those differentials.

Oh and the local hobby shop said that HH would most likely send out the pinion, screws and the servo horn considering they are in the exploded view of the truck and in the manual. I just feel like I'd be pulling teeth in attempts to do so

It still puts smile on my face and get my blood pumping and heart rate up that's well worth it :)

Just want to confirm here for anyone wondering. I reached out to HH and got word back that the Kraton 6s EXB DOES come with the 25T horn, the motor mounting screws and the 12T pinion. I would suggest contacting HH if these items were not included in your kit. But like many stated - the 12T isn't sought after. But for anyone that has never owned anything over 1/10 scale, such as myself, these things help get us started.

Is there any chance you would forward the email you received from HH, please l? I would like to use it as evidence for my supplier as they are adamant I should not have received a 25T horn with mine (and I didnt)...can you PM, please and I will give you my email address?

Mine had no pinion or 25 t servo horn. Doesn’t state in my manual that it comes with the pinion but it does say comes with 23 Servo horn with optional 25t but I didn’t get the 25t.
i have the1/5 EXB 8s coming next week. See what is missing from that

I realize I might come off cheap griping about the simple pinion. Not cheap, just poor.
Traxxas mod 1 pinions are six bucks from A-Main. They're hardened and compatible. I have been running the 12t because of pandemic shortages, and, while it's fun to run and keeps my motor icy cold, it just doesn't have the oomph to truly rip balls like it should. I'm trying a 16t today if the rain stops.

Traxxas mod 1 pinions are six bucks from A-Main. They're hardened and compatible. I have been running the 12t because of pandemic shortages, and, while it's fun to run and keeps my motor icy cold, it just doesn't have the oomph to truly rip balls like it should. I'm trying a 16t today if the rain stops.
Amain is from US. To ship anything from US to Canada is expensive. That 6 dollar part will run the same as anywhere else here for me. It's ok though. I decided to save a bit more and wait for something better anyway.

I honestly wish I lived in the states sometimes. The deals are plentiful, and the shipping is normally awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back