Outcast Exc3l's X-Cast EXB'ish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are back! This time with photos because as WoodiE always says "pics or it didn't happen"!
Thank you very much to @Shookknight20 for the braces, towers, and fan guard. An absolute legend!

Some questions for sure about electronics.
I think I am going to hold off from the electronics for sure as I have not even gotten 1 bash in and I want to spend like $350
I found a nice park near my house with huge dirt jumps! Can't wait to get my first bash in. Then I will spend some money fine-tuning everything like diff oil and such. Running the 16t pinion because of that huge 40 mm fan! I am using the dumbo radio on this but I damage the antenna and it got cut off. I did stip some antenna back following some tutorials. Let's see if it works. If not then I will use my RC6gs with the single antenna r6fg receiver because it's a basher. No need for range.

IMG-8068.jpg

IMG-8073.jpg

IMG-8069.jpg

IMG-8066.jpg

IMG-8075.jpg

IMG-8077.jpg

IMG-8078.jpg

IMG-8079.jpg

Okay well, lots of updates!
New receiver because the old one didn't wanna work
Got 4 new 3s 5200mah 80c lipo's!
Got black and white wire braid to complete the finished look
Body skids (some random ones I made)
I am running 7k/500k/20k
R/C/F (Min LSD/Open center diff/Max LSD)
New screws for the center hoop and motor mount to prevent stripping and they look better. I think I have actually made this better than a normal Outcast EXB. I am so proud of myself. I traded things on this forum to make this thing from the ground up. Thank you to everyone who has helped out. Ill go for a bash tomorrow if not then next weekend for sure. Pics coming soon!

Last edited:
Bash video coming next weekend. Going to a BMX track to really send this thing. The tires are great! The hook up on tarmac. loose dirt, sand, and much more. I got some carbon goodies from trading. I added some wire braid to where I could without desoldering things. I think its done for me apart from RPM arms and a 3d rc wing mount but that is for when I break my current one. It hasn't broken yet. Most break theirs on the first bash? I was sticking a wheelie and landed on it a couple of times. Time will tell. Well thats it for right now.
IMG_9047.jpg
IMG_9044.jpg
IMG_9046.jpg
IMG_9043.jpg
IMG_9045.jpg

Wow, I have really put the video off. I have been doing a lot of work on my Nitro Revo so it's been like 3 weeks since I have driven the X-cast. It drives really well but after a couple of BMX park outings, I realized that the landings arents smooth. I looked into it and saw that my front shocks were 2-3 inches off in height and I had messed the pair up in my other. Got that fixed up and it lands lovely. I just bought some HR bulkheads and a 40mm fan mount for the rig. Cant wait for some more bling!!

Haven’t driven this thing for like 5 months.

-Backflips 6s

Extremely disappointed in the corally tires. Stripped on the 6th run. Tightened them down before as well.

-Firma 160a 8s ESC

This rig has burned down 3 ESC’s. Usually keep a couple spares on me but I ran out so I got a new ESC. Coming this Wednesday.

I soldered up some 4mm to 6.5mm bullets for my 2050kv motor to connect to the ESC. Just a little makeover. Can’t wait to rip next weekend

Full rebuild just took place. Serviced diffs and oh boy I spent too much.

Aluminum bulkheads
BF 6s tires
New 40mm fan mount (not using the cheap fan in the pic)
Got an electric screwdriver to help with the rebuild
Re polished everything

Here are pics of everything I bought. Pics of the rig coming soon
IMG_2789.png
IMG_2788.png
IMG_2787.png

Shop til you drop! :ROFLMAO: But it was only the essentials I swear! (y)
Atleast I got a job. Next step is to get into uni. RC is going to have to take a break.Doing what I can while I have time:D. Fixing up the nitro and the outcast so me and my brother can rip at the park together!

Atleast I got a job. Next step is to get into uni. RC is going to have to take a break.Doing what I can while I have time:D. Fixing up the nitro and the outcast so me and my brother can rip at the park together!

Enjoy the small things while you can, life gets a lot more complicated the older you get.

Cool that you resurrected the thread with updates. I never saw the build before, nice!

New parts from scorched and I also got some metal bulls installed. Everything looks great. I have also installed new Xt150 connectors and a 40mm fan mount. Next a bigger motor 1/5 scale. Then I think the build is done.
IMG_2979.png

Hey guys this is going to be one of the final posts for this thread as it’s coming to an end but there are some things I still want to get. Obviously a build will never be over but there aren’t any more major upgrades. Because of that I am going to be posting including my build list with all the parts.

Carbon Fiber:
Hotdog Rc carbon Fiber mount
Basherqueen carbon Fiber top plate
Scorched Carbon Fiber v5 shock towers

Aluminum upgrades:
Upgraded Chassis Braces
Tower 2 Tower brace
Aluminum bulkheads F&R
Upper hinge-pin holder
Lower Front hinge-pin holder

Electronics:
Firma 160a ESC
Stock 2050kv motor
40mm server fan
DSC45MG aluminum case servo
Using XT-150 connectors all around
RC6gs w/ r7fg

Whats coming:
Upgraded motor (4585 or 4985)
40mm fan for ESC
ESC switch mount
IMG_2982.jpeg
IMG_2983.jpeg
IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2985.jpeg
IMG_2986.jpeg

That’s all and here are some nice pictures to show the build

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back