Talion Excessive Steering Play in Neutral Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatRARAguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey everyone,

I just noticed that my steering has quite a lot of play when it's in the neutral position. When I hold either tie rod, there's only play from the hubs which is normal, but when I let go, there's quite a bit of side to side play. everything is tight, is this amount normal? I may have just never noticed it. It drives straight-ish, I'd have to correct the steering slightly to get it to drive perfectly straight, otherwise it'll veer right or left barely.

Sorry about the audio!

Check your Hub's Pivot Balls. They should not be loose. The video appears to show this. Mine loosen up with wear or the PB nuts loosen on their own sometimes.
You need to remove the steering arm at both hubs so it pivots freely and then make slight adjustments to the Upper and Lower PB nuts. Snug enough where there is NO slop, yet rotates freely. PB should not have slop done correctly. Next place to check are all the steering ends/balls for slop. Slop accumulates across all of them collectively and just creates a lot across the whole St bell crank.
Veering left or right should be solved with adjusting the PB's. Double check your Toe settings. Adjusting the PB's changes the Camber and Toe to some extent. FWIW.

Check your Hub's Pivot Balls. They should not be loose. The video appears to show this. Mine loosen up with wear or the PB nuts loosen on their own sometimes.
You need to remove the steering arm at both hubs so it pivots freely and then make slight adjustments to the Upper and Lower PB nuts. Snug enough where there is NO slop, yet rotates freely. PB should not have slop done correctly. Next place to check are all the steering ends/balls for slop. Slop accumulates across all of them collectively and just creates a lot across the whole St bell crank.
Veering left or right should be solved with adjusting the PB's. Double check your Toe settings. Adjusting the PB's changes the Camber and Toe to some extent. FWIW.
The PB's are all tight, the play seems to be coming from where the servo arm connects to the bellcrank.

Got ya. But the slop does seem like so much.
So figured it was the Pb's
Are you running BB's or the 4 stock brass bushings in the bell crank?
Is your SS cracked or split possibly. Has happened to me.

Got ya. But the slop does seem like so much.
So figured it was the Pb's
Are you running BB's or the 4 stock brass bushings in the bell crank?
Is your SS cracked or split possibly. Has happened to me.
Still stock brass.
Haven't taken it off yet, so not sure if my saver is broken

Take a close look at the servo saver plastic above the spring. Try holding the servo arm steady and force the wheels to turn. look at the SS when doing this. If it is cracked or split, you will see it easily.
I do see an awful lot of slop like you show. Does the Bell Crank Uprights rock back and forth where your Bushings are? Very slight slop is normal. Too much no good.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back