Notorious Expected More Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCheck1212

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
Been running my Notorious on some under powered 4S batteries whilst waiting for my 2x 5000mah 50c 3S lipos to arrive.

They came today but I haven't been able to take it out as its dark now but from the videos ive seen online using the Outcast or Notorious on 6S I was expecting massive tyre ballooning and crazy power but to be honest they only misshape a bit and im slightly disappointed.

I'm only on stock gearing and just wanted to see whether others people's outcast/notorious tyres balloon when just holding the car in the air on 6S stock gearing?

I'm wondering if the batteries ive got arent great or whether there might be something else wrong making it bleed power.

Cheers guys :)

Ballooning kills tires, it's not really something we look for, we look for ways to prevent it actually..

If you want it faster throw the 16t pinion in it..

I understand its not desirable but i'm trying to use it as a gauge of power, I don't have a GPS or anything to check the actual speed.

they surely do when I wheelie down an entire football pitch on 6S .... not massively but they do - what radio? did you calibrate your ESC to get the right throttle readings?

edit: ok I see you also got the Granite - the power should be completely different to the Granite - you should be able to do on the spot backflips with the Notorious

6S is pretty crazy power on the Notorious, try them and then make a judgement.

I understand its not desirable but i'm trying to use it as a gauge of power, I don't have a GPS or anything to check the actual speed.

You really cant, every tire is different, some thin, some thick, many different compounds.. there really is no way to gauge power by ballooning tires...

It should be a nut case on a good 6s battery. Does reverse seem faster? If yes, switch the throttle r/n switch to the other. Some of mine are on r some on n.

forward and reverse are set correctly, maybe im expecting too much? ill do a little video and see what you guys think :)

Well you said you’re running on 4s. It’s never going to be fast on 4s. Adequate? Absolutely. Run laps around things from 10 years ago? Yes sir. But insanity and tire ballooning need 6s to happen. Also, going by your tire rule, if I put some duratrax 6 packs on my revo it’s a 100mph truck LOL

@MikeCheck1212, I've had a 6s Noto for over a year, stock electronics on 6s 5000 50c since day one. When I put on a brand new set of Backflips, before venting, they become pizza cutters at 3/4 throttle. Even after venting the tires, they still like to peak when hammering down the road. I ordered Backflip LP's just to try to tame it a bit. I'll try to snag a pic from a straight line run so you can see what I mean.

Exactly what im looking for, thanks @Notorious J Appreciated (y)
Dec 13 5_Moment.jpg

I think that if the Backflips weren't ribbed on the inside they would balloon a lot more.

Take another read at the original post bud :)
I just reread it... I’m still confused. Trust me I believe you I answered something wrong I just can’t spot what I’m supposed to be looking for lol. Sorry for the reply then though, but good luck and I hope the truck treats you well on 6s!

I just reread it... I’m still confused. Trust me I believe you I answered something wrong I just can’t spot what I’m supposed to be looking for lol. Sorry for the reply then though, but good luck and I hope the truck treats you well on 6s!
He was watching videos of people running theirs on 6s and in those videos he didn't see a lot of tires ballooning so he was a bit worried.

He was watching videos of people running theirs on 6s and in those videos he didn't see a lot of tires ballooning so he was a bit worried.
Yes, and I told him that on 4s he will never balloon tires because he needs to run on 6s. I’m confused LOL. I appreciate you trying to clarify for me, but I’m lost here.

Yes, and I told him that on 4s he will never balloon tires because he needs to run on 6s. I’m confused LOL. I appreciate you trying to clarify for me, but I’m lost here.
Him running it on 4s and getting the tires to balloon was never a concern or issue he already knew they wouldn't. He was worried that when he jumped up to 6s he was going to be let down by the amount of power the truck would have.

Him running it on 4s and getting the tires to balloon was never a concern or issue he already knew they wouldn't. He was worried that when he jumped up to 6s he was going to be let down by the amount of power the truck would have.
Ohhhhh! See now that makes sense. Im just a little slow today lmao. My apologies op!

@MikeCheck1212

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back