Expensive greave vs cheap grease this amazes me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I though i had the best grease lol yeah right costed me 5$? People recommanded me red N tacky from lucas and i was like whats the differance my stores did not have any of them so i just bough the multipurpose grease who looked like the stock grease my car came with wel i might consider completly changing grease for perfection??
This guy amazes me so much i think its my favorite youtuber

Last edited:
great vid, what a difference between the 2 greases. I did not expect that. The wear test and drop point (melting point) test amazed me.

I though i had the best grease lol yeah right costed me 5$? People recommanded me red N tacky from lucas and i was like whats the differance my stores did not have any of them so i just bough the multipurpose grease who looked like the stock grease my car came with wel i might consider completly changing grease for perfection??
This guy amazes me so much i think its my favorite youtuber

Interesting. Where can we buy this in Canada?

I swear by anything Lucas ?
Been using their fuel injector and upper cylinder lubricant for over 15 years. Buy it by the gallon and put it in everything I own. You can feel the difference.

I have used mobile 1 prior to Lucas and Mobil is much better. Mobil 1 sticks to the gears even after many many runs.

This is Lucas after 1 battery pack.

IMG_20200308_115958921.jpg

I have used mobile 1 prior to Lucas and Mobil is much better. Mobil 1 sticks to the gears even after many many runs.

This is Lucas after 1 battery pack.

View attachment 68968

My atores don't have mobil 1 greases im going to give the lucas a go i put a lot of grease on my diffs tho

Bought a tube of Lucas this last weekend at Canadian Tire. I'll be rebuilding my Infraction, Nero and Granite diffs soon. Curious on how this will work out.

Bad news i went outside today to test my diffs and result rear diff completly dry and there was 2 white dots like if the if something was puncturing the plastic.? Front still has the grease coating on both gears. Idk why crap keeps happening for me
Going to try on 4s now on the street
*was using the red and tacky

I ran half of a 4s pack i think i got my slipper spot on at 1.30ish from fully tight
And the rear diff spins smoothly
WIll have to shim the front because its a bit ruff maybe because the yokes are still plastic in the front

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back