Expensive hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So January 12th will be a month since I've had my senton 3s blx. I've replaced 2 A-Arms and a steering block.

My list of things to get is very long. I only got 1 battery but I've upgraded my tires to the Mt 2.8s, I know I'm pretty backwards. I want to put a lighting kit on my truck and also swap everything out to aluminium.

Just venting my journey as a newbie......

I hear ya, I'm about a month in and it's getting expensive . . . but I think I'm at the point where there's not much else I need outside of parts I break.

watch out with too much aluminum though... you kind of want small parts to break so it keeps the bigger ones in tact.
What ^^ said

I just got mine and haven't tried any parts combos so i cant tell you on the senton... Just on the 6s stuff.

What parts shouldn't I swap out to aluminium?
A-arms and wing mounts are first on my list. Things that hit hard and you would rather they flex.

A-arms and wing mounts are first on my list. Things that hit hard and you would rather they flex.

the 3s senton is diff than our 6s stuff... it doesn't have a wing mount or upper front arm... i think the bearings are a big thing and the wheels...

the 3s senton is diff than our 6s stuff... it doesn't have a wing mount or upper front arm... i think the bearings are a big thing and the wheels...
Too many threads in my head! I have to start focusing on Outcast, Kraton, Senton 6s and Talion 6s threads. Sorry for the mis-info @Brewcity414

i don't know shi!t about my senton yet... i just drive it and it hasnt broke.. if the weather wasnt so shi!!y that would not be the case though....

i don't think anyone but GPM makes aluminum arms for the 3s senton and i wouldnt recommend that co.... The general consensus seems to be bearings and tires, so i would do that before messing with aluminum parts..

i don't think anyone but GPM makes aluminum arms for the 3s senton and i wouldnt recommend that co.... The general consensus seems to be bearings and tires, so i would do that before messing with aluminum parts..
Yeah I heard about that company lol.

For real. I've had a lot of hobbies in my life, if you can consider them hobbies, from aquariums to guitars to video games and I don't think I ever was as addicted or bought on impulse without any scrupulation quite like with RC's. I'm into this about 10 months and I have 3 trucks with another one on the way, a Clod-buster. I do think I'm gonna send the Clod back, I got a 30 day return window and I basically bought it on impulse but I'm still shelling out money on parts for my other RC's. My bank account has easily gone down by a grand in the past year or so.

For real. I've had a lot of hobbies in my life, if you can consider them hobbies, from aquariums to guitars to video games and I don't think I ever was as addicted or bought on impulse without any scrupulation quite like with RC's. I'm into this about 10 months and I have 3 trucks with another one on the way, a Clod-buster. I do think I'm gonna send the Clod back, I got a 30 day return window and I basically bought it on impulse but I'm still shelling out money on parts for my other RC's. My bank account has easily gone down by a grand in the past year or so.
Only a grand. You have self control my friend. Try 3 to 4 grand and no signs of stopping. I've spent more on upgrades and extra parts for my Notorious than I paid for it new. I've run it twice. My name is Johnny, and I have a problem....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back