Big Rock Experience installing bearing kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what size bearings I need for the motor either, still trying to figure that out. I have the BLX3660 if anybody knows the sizes.
I assume you want to buy the bearings so you could replace them, for that you need to open the motor and remove the old bearings. So if you need to dissasembly the motor anyway, just do it now and measure the bearings

How did the motor bearings go bad? I had a problem and horizon sent me a better then stock motirm
Not sure, I think they were defective from the factory. I only have 3 hours of drive time on the car so I don't think it was anything I did, never even went through water. I contacted horizon today and they said to email them the part numbers of the defective products. I'm not sure what to expect now or when I should expect to hear back from them. I have owned the truck for one week today.

I assume you want to buy the bearings so you could replace them, for that you need to open the motor and remove the old bearings. So if you need to dissasembly the motor anyway, just do it now and measure the bearings
Thank you for the help, i'm new to this and was not expecting to tear down the motor so soon. Anyways I am taking the motor apart right now, if I even can.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_192012.jpg
    IMG_20190314_192012.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 51
Not sure, I think they were defective from the factory. I only have 3 hours of drive time on the car so I don't think it was anything I did, never even went through water. I contacted horizon today and they said to email them the part numbers of the defective products. I'm not sure what to expect now or when I should expect to hear back from them. I have owned the truck for one week today.
Talk to the technical department and tell them u want a replacement motor. I don't think there is a part number for just the motor but I'll check now.

Talk to the technical department and tell them u want a replacement motor. I don't think there is a part number for just the motor but I'll check now.
Ar390214 is the motor part number.

I see you broke the screws. For the future, if screws that are giving you hard time, don't force it. it means that they are kept with loctite, instead first warm the screw using a soldering iron to loosen the loctite.

Ar390214 is the motor part number.
Thank you, much appreciated. The email was just sent. Since you have experience dealing with this process, when should I expect to hear back from Horizon? Or will they just send the parts without contacting me? They already have my shipping info.
I see you broke the screws. For the future, if screws that are giving you hard time, don't force it. it means that they are kept with loctite, instead first warm the screw using a soldering iron to loosen the loctite.
Thanks for the tip, after the first one broke I heated the second one up with a torch but it didn't work for me, probably a newb mistake.

Thats exactly how I got sent a dynimte fuze 3800kv replacement from horizon.

Thats exactly how I got sent a dynimte fuze 3800kv replacement from horizon.
I would call tommorrow and tell them what happened with the screws and give them that part number. Go from there. They'll see that u call already but call them.

Thank you, much appreciated. The email was just sent. Since you have experience dealing with this process, when should I expect to hear back from Horizon? Or will they just send the parts without contacting me? They already have my shipping info.

Thanks for the tip, after the first one broke I heated the second one up with a torch but it didn't work for me, probably a newb mistake.
Did they say they'd call u back? I'd still call them and tell them about the screws and bearings. You'll have a new motor in 4 days.

Did they say they'd call u back? I'd still call them and tell them about the screws and bearings. You'll have a new motor in 4 days.
No they didn't say they'd call me back, I'll give them another call tomorrow. I told them about the bearings today but didn't even think about telling them about the screws. Now to find the part number for those screws. Thanks again, without the help of people on this forum, I probably would have given up by now.

No they didn't say they'd call me back, I'll give them another call tomorrow. I told them about the bearings today but didn't even think about telling them about the screws. Now to find the part number for those screws. Thanks again, without the help of people on this forum, I probably would have given up by now.
Ar723310 is for the screws.

Yup. They'll call u. Good luck.
Just talked to them, the motor is on backorder until March 20th, then it will be shipped to me. They will also be sending me a few other parts I requested such as the center driveshaft and the pinion gear. I asked if they could send the parts that are in stock now and he said yes they will ship everything except the motor today, because it's not in stock. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it @Wags1

Just talked to them, the motor is on backorder until March 20th, then it will be shipped to me. They will also be sending me a few other parts I requested such as the center driveshaft and the pinion gear. I asked if they could send the parts that are in stock now and he said yes they will ship everything except the motor today, because it's not in stock. Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it @Wags1
Great!! I told ya. They take great care of they're customers. Your welcome. Anytime.

Great!! I told ya. They take great care of they're customers. Your welcome. Anytime.
Should I get any parts while my brcc is down? Any upgrades that should be done? I'm going to order a bearing kit for the whole truck and maybe some RPM arms to have for when my stock ones break again but can you think of anything else?

Should I get any parts while my brcc is down? Any upgrades that should be done? I'm going to order a bearing kit for the whole truck and maybe some RPM arms to have for when my stock ones break again but can you think of anything else?
Hr steering bellcrank. Hr pivot ball kit. Did u check shocks and diffs for proper fluid levels? Do that DIFFENITLY!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back