Big Rock Experience installing bearing kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmurphz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hello all! How difficult is it to replace all of the stock bearings? I just ordered a set of jimsbearings for my BRCC and wanted to see if anyone that has done the full bearing swap can provide some input (where each bearing is located, etc). I searched for a walk through on the forum but wasn't able to find one.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all! How difficult is it to replace all of the stock bearings? I just ordered a set of jimsbearings for my BRCC and wanted to see if anyone that has done the full bearing swap can provide some input (where each bearing is located, etc). I searched for a walk through on the forum but wasn't able to find one.

Thanks in advance!

Best bet is to look at tje exposed view of tje truck. The wheel areas and motor mount stuff is easy. Steering crank bushing replacement and the bearings inside the diffs are the hardest but still not that difficult.

The hardest part was working out how to remove the axles from the diffs..!!

I found a guide on here, sorry can't remember who posted it, but basically there is a hex bolt deep inside the axle at the diff end
you just need a long hex driver to get to it..

Other than that its pretty straight forward to swap all the bearings..??

Thanks in advance!
Just got my jims bearings and it was easy to do. Just take parts off and change out the bearings. No other way. Its good way to get familiar with the truck. Just dive in and take ur time. One part at a time.

Just got my jims bearings and it was easy to do. Just take parts off and change out the bearings. No other way. Its good way to get familiar with the truck. Just dive in and take ur time. One part at a time.
I just ordered some Fast Eddy Bearings and will be changing them out soon. I am new at this, but am I safe to assume that the bearings come ready to go with a little oil in them? Also whenever I need to clean and re oil them, what kind of oil would you recommend?

I just ordered some Fast Eddy Bearings and will be changing them out soon. I am new at this, but am I safe to assume that the bearings come ready to go with a little oil in them? Also whenever I need to clean and re oil them, what kind of oil would you recommend?
I just pust Fast Eddies in my sons 2 granite 4x4 megas, super easy to take the truck apart, most difficult thing was the axle screws that go into the diff, you need a 2 mm hex driver, insert it down the end of the axle half and they will be very tight if it is the first time you are taking them out so be ready for that, blue lock tight back on any screw that goes into a metal part. Bearings are very straight forward to swap out, some of mine on both thruck were tight and I had to wiggle them with a flat head alternating from side to side on the bearing to get them to come loose, but still not that hard. Take your time and when you replace the diff bearings pay attention as one aide has a shim.

They come ready to install. I've never oiled mine but some guy's get a pick tool and remove the seal and clean and replace oil with liquid bearing oil. These blx 3s rigs are straight bashers, not road racers so no need to get anal about bearing care. Bearing kits are cheap enough to buy when bearings start to wear.

BTW i don't bother changing ALL the bearings, the ones on the back are the most important. For start i would only change the bearings for the rear hubs and 3 bearings on the rear diff (the two side ones and the outer pinion one).
Next up in priority is the steering ones as they tighten up the steering which is always nice.

I didnt bother with the rest (i split a bearing kit between two trucks that way)

I will replace the other if they go bad, but for now it did not.

BTW i don't bother changing ALL the bearings, the ones on the back are the most important. For start i would only change the bearings for the rear hubs and 3 bearings on the rear diff (the two side ones and the outer pinion one).
Next up in priority is the steering ones as they tighten up the steering which is always nice.

I didnt bother with the rest (i split a bearing kit between two trucks that way)

I will replace the other if they go bad, but for now it did not.
I relpaaced all but the small diff vearings. Easy.

I relpaaced all but the small diff vearings. Easy.
I would suggest going inside the diff and cleaning out the small amount of grease they put in there, changing the bearing, and filling the diff with a proper diff fluid, I put 10k front and rear. It made a really big difference.
Edit: for those of us who have a mega 4x4.

Last edited:
I would suggest going inside the diff and cleaning out the small amount of grease they put in there, changing the bearing, and filling the diff with a proper diff fluid, I put 10k front and rear. It made a really big difference.
I believe the entire 3s line comes with 10k fluid in the diffs. The mega version however has grease.

Edit: for those of us who have a mega 4x4.
What kind of grease do you use on the large gear on the outside of the diff case? I was thinking about white lithium grease. Do you think that would work good? I am not sure what kind arrma used. Mine is also a Mega

What kind of grease do you use on the large gear on the outside of the diff case? I was thinking about white lithium grease. Do you think that would work good? I am not sure what kind arrma used. Mine is also a Mega
I used a high temp wheel bearing grease. White lithium won't be thick enough I don't think.

Black grease or some run marine grease.

I don't think there is a kit that includes the motor bearings. Just get a kit and add the bearings for the motor from Avid as well (not sure what is the size you need.
Thanks you, I appreciate it. I'm not sure what size bearings I need for the motor either, still trying to figure that out. I have the BLX3660 if anybody knows the sizes.

Thanks you, I appreciate it. I'm not sure what size bearings I need for the motor either, still trying to figure that out. I have the BLX3660 if anybody knows the sizes.
How did the motor bearings go bad? I had a problem and horizon sent me a better then stock motirm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back