Exposed pinion an spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks to me that they would not fit well with the Typhon canopy, but at least the better fitting shroud is helping enough, for now...

Glad you found a solution. I was thinking the body might not fit, but those tall sides work wonders on the kraton

Glad you found a solution. I was thinking the body might not fit, but those tall sides work wonders on the kraton
Thanks dp...I still might try to use those tall sides somehow, one day. I really only want the back parts, where the Typhon has nothing...

I also found this to be the one problem with the RTR Typhon. I cannot believe how many pinion gears I have sitting in a pile, that are all missing one or two teeth because of a small rock-jam. Has anyone found an aftermarket or a tidy DIY solution? If so, please share? :) I love the thing, but even with a nice shroud, I've replaced the pinion gear 6 times in about 17 batteries. It's better, if I only run 4S and don't do a lot of burnouts, but I bought this thing to bash and jump and goes fast.
I had the same problem, kept stripped or broke the first 3 pinions, then the spur broke. Arrma replaced the spur with no problem. I switched to Advantage Racing Products Mod 1 pinions only because if the price. They rule. I highly recommend them
Hardcoated Spring Steel 15T 16T 17T Mod1 Pinion Gear Set (3) – 5mm Bore Mod 1.0 - Tekno Associated Losi TLR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD3FFK3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_L-nBzbMY9EM3V

I had the same problem, kept stripped or broke the first 3 pinions, then the spur broke. Arrma replaced the spur with no problem. I switched to Advantage Racing Products Mod 1 pinions only because if the price. They rule. I highly recommend them
Hardcoated Spring Steel 15T 16T 17T Mod1 Pinion Gear Set (3) – 5mm Bore Mod 1.0 - Tekno Associated Losi TLR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD3FFK3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_L-nBzbMY9EM3V
Thanks Stopfer. Now I've been using an RR1214 14T and 15T and an Arrma 16T. I got the HR mount, too,and now I've been able to get a better knack for setting the mesh which must also help...Anyhow, I've seemed to stop to recurrence for now. Thanks again I'm going to check out your link.

I also made an ugly but weightless and effective rear "tall side" behind the motor. It's just a cut, bent, and zip-tied foam heli blade holder.
07umFyl7orcKjUr8ph1Rb305lOi_9Se1DSCcTqA_yzkqjTMZD0neuneII_fV1snQl3ktpUbJi-b8r4Yr06=w789-h1052-no.jpg

o-R4VTghs74OF092vkRs3S2GZxYedJayE2M-tVw_nmjMIhi6XR8Ii0x4RFI6qMIUe-JBVJjfrR_ufAdNST=w789-h1052-no.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Outcast Tall Side Guards fit fine without modification :) in case others are interested...
Easy, perfect fit, and blocks the chassis a lot more. It also lets the shroud attach properly...
cFt0EiVDvzU1fV3Hfeum66cUo5AI6zERrafuvvz7BY50BncCREyA22uYnYkNMG_A54bynrtycAopmhc83FQ=w699-h932-no.jpg

1kzB5fSqZaJdBrD0P1qZ_eEWT-vMo0iqVaVXIckBihhaheKYybdCt2dhdsUVVgpUnHzQDYL6zpMXVnbVFj=w1243-h932-no.jpg

-lCCLt7WRJ6p6EH7ypfbzHaNTm6RmLj9ygnHtRveDPCIPMRP_nLTQoRO1bsR7opG2aw1DreSct9fxdtmtl=w1243-h932-no.jpg

The body clips all go on easily, as before...
ALJkpQKaHEf2WfovAHMoMttwwEboLEVkmuW9MMM-HLQAJgrSW_xbLgm6bLCOwPL1tgjY7JnzobNzf8XZt9E=w699-h932-no.jpg

Ppv9E0lA2wymHlIa-q6BZZx-Ezr1yR75dIZbSxspmpAseTXHCJvi6BcWn9ZSxFWRelJ-IbVJzsYw1N7bU4=w1243-h932-no.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back