Kraton Extending motor wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey everyone I am almost done with my rebuild and I am trying to get my fan setup done. What I just noticed is if I get my heat sync and fans installed I would have to get my motor wires extended some. Is that something that is done a lot? Guess what I wanna know is it ok to do that? Seems like anyone that puts this max 6 system in with fans would have to extend the wires so I imagine it's something that's done. Anything I need to know about getting it done other than making sure the wire is the same gauge? Thanks as always everyone! Cheers!

I use extensions coming out of the receiver for the fan. This way I can replace the fan without opening up the receiver box. I have had no problems with the extension. Little servo tape up against the chassis to prevent water or dirt from getting into the connection helps.

I've done it with no issues. There are shops on eBay that sell short extensions terminated with different bullets/plugs - just chose the appropriate terminations and lengths.

I use extensions coming out of the receiver for the fan. This way I can replace the fan without opening up the receiver box. I have had no problems with the extension. Little servo tape up against the chassis to prevent water or dirt from getting into the connection helps.
Ya im good with the fans I am running them off its own battery. I looked and they are supposed to included wires with the combo but they didn't work with mine. I have the same wire it uses from before so all I need to do is take it to the hobby shop and have him extend them for me so they can come either over or around the fans.

Extensions from the ESC to the Motor are fine.
Extensions from the ESC to the batteries are bad.

I've been reading and ya I figured it would be ok I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the replies guys!

Agree. Avoid adapters or extensions from battery if possible. Motor wires not an issue. I would just solder a lead directly on or replace the motor wire completely with a longer set. I do not like having extra connectors on my motor leads........just my preference.

Agree. Avoid adapters or extensions from battery if possible. Motor wires not an issue. I would just solder a lead directly on or replace the motor wire completely with a longer set. I do not like having extra connectors on my motor leads........just my preference.
So probably the best idea would be to replace the wire completely yes?

Probably would be best if you can solder on some fresh motor wire. All options should work fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back