External BEC problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zer0Fame

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with one of my RC cars ... it's not Arrma, but I hope I'm allowed to post it here anyways, as I'm highly frustrated :(

I have an RC with an ESC, which provides a BEC of max. 1,5A...

To be able to drive a Savox 1258TG, I also ordered a Castle 10A BEC.

Soldered it to the LiPo connector on ESC side, removed red cable from ESC plug, all just like it is supposed to be installed.
It does work, no brownouts or anything...but I'm having problems with a standing start.
It kind of feels like cogging, but it's not cogging ... imagine you go full throttle in a standing start, the car twitches for 0,5 seconds, then does nothing for 0,5 seconds and then goes full throttle.
As said, like cogging ... it feels like the RC loses signal for a very short time ...

This happens randomly ... sometimes 10 times in a row, sometimes 1 out of 10 times, sometimes 1 out of 20 times.
It does not seem to happen when the RC is moving ... only from a standing start.

Already tried several sender/receiver combos.
Tried BEC port on receiver, tried channel 3, tried channel 4.
Recalibrated sender with ESC
Different BEC voltages (5,1V and 6V)

This does not happen when I drive without the external BEC ... the internal BEC can't handle the servo, but I can go full throttle without any problem.

The ESC does not reset/restart when this happens

Can anyone help? :(

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with one of my RC cars ... it's not Arrma, but I hope I'm allowed to post it here anyways, as I'm highly frustrated :(

I have an RC with an ESC, which provides a BEC of max. 1,5A...

To be able to drive a Savox 1258TG, I also ordered a Castle 10A BEC.

Soldered it to the LiPo connector on ESC side, removed red cable from ESC plug, all just like it is supposed to be installed.
It does work, no brownouts or anything...but I'm having problems with a standing start.
It kind of feels like cogging, but it's not cogging ... imagine you go full throttle in a standing start, the car twitches for 0,5 seconds, then does nothing for 0,5 seconds and then goes full throttle.
As said, like cogging ... it feels like the RC loses signal for a very short time ...

This happens randomly ... sometimes 10 times in a row, sometimes 1 out of 10 times, sometimes 1 out of 20 times.
It does not seem to happen when the RC is moving ... only from a standing start.

Already tried several sender/receiver combos.
Tried BEC port on receiver, tried channel 3, tried channel 4.
Recalibrated sender with ESC
Different BEC voltages (5,1V and 6V)

This does not happen when I drive without the external BEC ... the internal BEC can't handle the servo, but I can go full throttle without any problem.

The ESC does not reset/restart when this happens

Can anyone help? :(
Maybe use the internal bec to run the rx,and run the caslte bec direct to the servo,that should do the trick.Sounds like its geting electrical noise feedback into the rx,sometimes a giltch buster can silence the noise.

Thanks a bunch, I guess that's what I'll do.
If I can name the brands, it's an HPI Vapor Pro, which is a relabeled Sidewinder SCT... it seems like the combination Castle BEC - Sidewinder - Savox or any other high amp draw servo let's the motor cog.
Since I can't downgrade the firmware on a relabeled ESC (which seems to help in some cases), I'll have to hook the BEC to the servo.

No big deal, since the servo is why I bought the BEC.

I'm guessing red + black from BEC to servo, white blind ... and white from servo to RX, red and black blind?

Thanks a bunch, I guess that's what I'll do.
If I can name the brands, it's an HPI Vapor Pro, which is a relabeled Sidewinder SCT... it seems like the combination Castle BEC - Sidewinder - Savox or any other high amp draw servo let's the motor cog.
Since I can't downgrade the firmware on a relabeled ESC (which seems to help in some cases), I'll have to hook the BEC to the servo.

No big deal, since the servo is why I bought the BEC.

I'm guessing red + black from BEC to servo, white blind ... and white from servo to RX, red and black blind?
Red +,neg-,signal white.Caslte bec red to red on the servo and black to black and white signal to signal wire.So your white signal wire from the servo will be the only wire plugged into the rx.Hope that makes sense!

well it is like I expected but one thing.
I thought and read that the white wire from bec stays unused...or do I need to connect the white wire from bec to white wire from servo?
i thought it was red and black from bec to servo and white from servo to receiver...the white from bec and red and black from servo are unused?

well it is like I expected but one thing.
I thought and read that the white wire from bec stays unused...or do I need to connect the white wire from bec to white wire from servo?
i thought it was red and black from bec to servo and white from servo to receiver...the white from bec and red and black from servo are unused?
The white wire on the bec is only tbere for adjusting voltage via the Caslte link, you have the wiring correct above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back