Senton Extra 17mm bellcrank nut?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPWSRC

Cake Boss RC pit crew!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Typhon 3s
Found this nut attached to the servo saver hub. Was planning on disassembling it for cleaning lubricating and to replace the bushings with bearings, ( if possible) or new bushings ( if no bearings possible).
It's not in my owners manual exploded views for the steering assembly. Is this a mod that's common?
Either way it must have threadloc on it because the fugger won't back out.😬
20220327_004124.jpg
20220327_004401.jpg

That is a legacy Steering Assy. V3 6s perhaps. 4 "Sealed" BB's are available for this. Easily found at Fast Eddy's, TRBRC or Jims Bearings. Get rid of the brass Oilite bushings for sure.
The red nut at the bottom should not be there. Use a torch or heat to soften and release the Threadlock, then give it try. And hopefully it was not Red TL. That will never come off. Been there.... trying disassemble that nut on the current new SS to run the X-hard option spring. The red nut is only for the current non- adjustable Servo saver spring. Only the serrated Thumbwheel ( AR340065) is used to preload the Servo saver spring you have. You don't need the nut with that setup. I have both types and prefer the older version.
Did you buy this rig used? Someone messed around with that already. The assy. does not seem correct.
Look at the V5 blow up diagram to see what I mean. Compare the part differences.

Last edited:
That is a legacy Steering Assy. V3 perhaps. 4 "Sealed" BB's are available for this. Easily found at Fast Eddy's, TRBRC or Jims Bearings. Get rid of the brass Oilite bushings for sure.
The red nut at the bottom should not be there. Use a torch or heat to soften and release the Threadlock, then give it try. And hopefully it was not Red TL. That will never come off. Been there.... trying disassemble that nut on the current new SS to run the X-hard option spring. The red nut is only for the current non- adjustable Servo saver spring. Only the serrated Thumbwheel is used to preload the Servo saver spring you have. You don't need the nut with that setup. I have both types and prefer the older version.
Did you buy this rig used?
Do you mean the black 17mm nut?
It's used, I just picked it up yesterday. Took her for a run yesterday afternoon and by midnight was torn down for a complete overhaul. Thanks for the info on the BBs I figured there were options. Just ordered a complete TRB bearing kit for this car anyway. The originals are shot. Some frozen, some gritty, and very few smooth.
I would like to only have the stiffer spring, and no nut. Seems like a mod that the previous owner did. Good call on the V3. That's exactly what it is.

Last edited:
Yeah I've had Arrma's for a while now. Started with the V3 6's. My latest is the TLRT Typhon. It comes stock with the "X-Hard" SS spring installed, thankfully.
Its a PIA to tear down the Steering Bell crank just for adjustments or changing out the bushings.

Yeah I've had Arrma's for a while now. Started with the V3 6's. My latest is the TLRT Typhon. It comes stock with the "X-Hard" SS spring installed, thankfully.
Its a PIA to tear down the Steering Bell crank just for adjustments or changing out the bushings.
The adjuster seems to be cranked all the way up on this one. Takes alot of torque to get the halves to seperate ( barely). If ya ask me it's like not having a saver at all the way it is. The servo was a replacement under warranty, still works but the case is distorting because the steering was binding up in the linkages and at the hubs. Wasn't aware of it until I disconnected the servo horn. This is my 1st complete tear down on a 6s rig.

I've used a 17mm nut on an older servo saver too, just like this, to stop it from unwinding and loosening by itself. The black nut looks like a spare 17mm wheel nut

It'll be a real PITA to get it back off if it was thread locked on. Let's hope and pray it was blue strength or weaker 😬 after you've heated the black nut with a small butane torch, try using a cloth/rag under pipe grips on the plastic lever part, and a 17mm ring wrench (or adjustables) on the nut itself

I've used a 17mm nut on an older servo saver too, just like this, to stop it from unwinding and loosening by itself. The black nut looks like a spare 17mm wheel nut

It'll be a real PITA to get it back off if it was thread locked on. Let's hope and pray it was blue strength or weaker 😬 after you've heated the black nut with a small butane torch, try using a cloth/rag under pipe grips on the plastic lever part, and a 17mm ring wrench (or adjustables) on the nut itself
Heated it up set it in a vise and it twisted off pretty easily w/ a 17mm box wrench. That black nut is serrated just like the ones used on the wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back