Kraton Extra crispy K8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s weird... all powerhobby batteries ?
Yes. I only tried one pack so far. All I have is power hobby batteries and never noticed a problem until the other day. I’m waiting for the weather to cool down before trying another pack. I’ll also remove the 23t and put the 21t and hope for better results
Not sure. I had the 8000 4s.
That’s what I ran and experienced high temps. I have smaller MAH batteries with varying C levee. From 50-100

Can someone explain to me how the batteries would generate more heat in the drive line? I’ve been thinking about this 23t pinion all day and I re-researched to make sure I did everything correctly.

Aside from the pinion, bumper and tires, the punch is set to 4. Brakes to 50%. Everything else is factory. I’ve seen again guys running 23t in the stock electronics and it works fine. The new outcast 8s comes with it in the box!!

could the batteries be damaged? Does powerhobby stand behind their products? I’m concerned because again, all I have are power hobby batteries.

Can someone explain to me how the batteries would generate more heat in the drive line? I’ve been thinking about this 23t pinion all day and I re-researched to make sure I did everything correctly.

Aside from the pinion, bumper and tires, the punch is set to 4. Brakes to 50%. Everything else is factory. I’ve seen again guys running 23t in the stock electronics and it works fine. The new outcast 8s comes with it in the box!!

could the batteries be damaged? Does powerhobby stand behind their products? I’m concerned because again, all I have are power hobby batteries.
You’re pulling more amps than they can handle? ??‍♂️

The manual calls for 5000mah @ 100C. I didn’t think the MAH could increase the amps. I’m new so I’m unfamiliar
Yeah those lipos can’t sustain 100C so if that’s what you’re pulling constant, they heat up and puff up. Most guys running the K8S run larger capacity packs to overcome the massive amp draws.

Power hobby. Various MAH and C rating, but nothing below 5500mah and 50c

no adapters. Ec5 on the batteries direct to whatever Arrma sends from the factory
Do you have a charger that can read internal resistance? Are the cells well balanced?

Do you have a charger that can read internal resistance? Are the cells well balanced?
Batteries were at full charge when I ran the rig and it over heated.
Cells went down from 4.20 (full) to 3.71 or 3.72 across all cells in both batteries.

I’m not sure what these figures mean but I’ll post them anyway

MAIN 14.88V
H3.723V. L3.718V

I also storage charge my batteries after my runs (after ample cool down) because I don’t use it every day. Maybe once a week at most. Especially with all this down time

does that answer your question? I can keep looking for info on my venom pro duo charger if I can help shed more light on this
Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Batteries were at full charge when I ran the rig and it over heated.
Cells went down from 4.20 (full) to 3.71 or 3.72 across all cells in both batteries.

I’m not sure what these figures mean but I’ll post them anyway

MAIN 14.88V
H3.723V. L3.718V

I also storage charge my batteries after my runs (after ample cool down) because I don’t use it every day. Maybe once a week at most. Especially with all this down time

does that answer your question? I can keep looking for info on my venom pro duo charger if I can help shed more light on this
Thank you so much!
I am not familiar with your charger but there might be a screen that gives you the IR (internal resistance) which give you a look at the health of the cells. If this value is high, it could mean your cells are in bad shape.

I run smc gen 2 8000 and they are fantastic and run super cool. I also recently gave the Amazon zee 9000 mAh battery a try and I was surprised how cool they ran also. They do have little bit less punch than the SMC but for the price they are pretty legit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back