Extra screws and nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am looking at get spare screws and nuts for my kraton. What is the best kit or kits to buy and where. I have found metric kit that goes from 3mm to 10mm and it's a nice kit but don't need such large bolts

I bought 2 different screw sets-

My first was from Amazon, a SS screw set. I didn't do a full screw swap, I just use them as spares as needed. BUT - SS is not as strong as the stock screws (which are actually pretty good screws).
https://www.amazon.com/RCScrewZ-Arr...&sr=8-13-spons&keywords=arrma+screw+kit&psc=1

If you want stock screws, hit up the ebay kit breakers - they sell all the 'extra' screws with all the tools and spare parts for about $15.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-TALI...er-AR106030-/332203661529?hash=item4d58e198d9
This gets you an extra cross wrench, I love those... LOL

But throw those L allen keys in the trash. Get some good hex drivers. I use the EDS tools and MIP. $15 per driver seems high, but having good tools makes working on these cars so much easier, really. IF you can't drop $35 on a set of drivers, pick up one of the cheap china driver sets for $10, and plan on replacing the tips with EDS as they wear out. This is what I did. Then as you order parts, sneak in a MIP power driver tip every now and again. Soon you will have a good set of tools... :)

http://www.team-eds.com/category-s/1864.htm

I have the screw kit from Jenny RC, and while it is nice and it includes the tools, keep in mind that it doesn't include all of the screws in the vehicle. They don't disassemble the entire vehicle like the steering and differentials components so you do miss out of all of those screws. All said and done, I would estimate that you get around 60% of the screws for the vehicle.

Do they carry all makes and models of rc
They carry many different brands, but stock is always limited. Like chevys10zr2003 said, the screw kit might not be complete, but the prices for brand new stock parts can't be beat.

Thanks for the heads up on the Jenny's RC site. I just picked up their screw set for my Talion, and according to the site was the last one left.
Remember to search similar vehicles when looking for parts. I bought a BLX 185 esc for another rig, but used the search bar to find one. Some models show sold out, but Arrma uses a lot of the same parts for different vehicles (a-arms, shock towers, electrics, difs, shocks, etc, etc). Same for Traxxas. I ordered a complete set of difs so I can run different fluid and have them ready to go.

Remember to search similar vehicles when looking for parts. I bought a BLX 185 esc for another rig, but used the search bar to find one. Some models show sold out, but Arrma uses a lot of the same parts for different vehicles (a-arms, shock towers, electrics, difs, shocks, etc, etc). Same for Traxxas. I ordered a complete set of difs so I can run different fluid and have them ready to go.
The prices of the parts in jennysrc.com can also vary from model to model for the same parts.

The prices of the parts in jennysrc.com can also vary from model to model for the same parts.
Noticed that too. A little digging leads to decent results. Still a great idea for stocking parts that are more likely to go quick.

I have got my latest screw set from Amazon. To be honest, I don't remember what it's called. But I have to tell you, and it's a pretty great set. However, there is no place for large bolts, and that's what makes me pretty sad about it. Besides that, I had to pay almost 100 dollars for that set, which is pretty much, at least from my point of view. In the end, I just decided to get some new screws from scrooz.com.au and try to fit them all in that box as I didn't want to spend money on a new set.

Last edited:
I'm spoiled because the local hardware store (Outdoor Supply Hardware) has small metric screws. Unlike the box stores they are organized and plentiful.

If you want a quantity of one screw, McMaster Carr has just about anything you think of. The shipping is their cost is, so it's pretty reasonable too. The downside is you need to buy 50-100 of them at a time.
https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/
1656344263248.png

I would stay with 12.9 grade Steel hardware if possible. Much stronger. I been lucky with JennysRC. They have all the Arrma kit hardware. OE Arrma hardware is best IMHO. Just replace with same. You can find bulk from McMaster-Carr. Just that sourcing all the correct lengths in bulk might cost more.
No SS for me either. Too soft. Just bling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back