Talion Extra weight for improved acceleration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Talion 6s and a Typhon 3s. The front ends of each of the two cars lift up off the ground whenever I fully depress the throttle. So, I thought that adding weights to the front ends of the cars would greatly improve traction, thus providing quicker acceleration, and better overall performance. Has anyone tried this? If so how much weight would you recommend, and how should I go about it?
Thanks again!

While weighing the front down 'for acceleration' certainly has some benefits, I think there are more negatives to it .. namely, there's more weight in the front. You now have an unbalanced vehicle that will react very differently in all circumstances, giving you worse overall performance. This will also affect the wear of all front end components.

Nothing wrong with adding ballast but it’s cant just be thrown in there, either do a little research or careful trial and error.

While weighing the front down 'for acceleration' certainly has some benefits, I think there are more negatives to it .. namely, there's more weight in the front. You now have an unbalanced vehicle that will react very differently in all circumstances, giving you worse overall performance. This will also affect the wear of all front end components.

Not entirely true!

Adding ballast correctly could improve the handling, adding weight over the from axle is quite common but it’s not as simple as just slapping some weight in there, well in essence you are just slapping some weight in there but in a controlled manner.

NB: My bad for some reason I thought you were speed running ??‍♂️ for normal bashing as above use different diff oil wt’s to help control front lift.

Last edited:
The solution isn't weight, it's properly balanced diff fluids. My Team Associated RC8B3.1E with Tekin RX8/T8 gen 2 power plant, can lay down more torque & acceleration than my Arrma, all the while putting more power to the front end, pulling it, instead of pushing it into a wheelie. It's lighter, faster, and has traction for days. What does it have for diff oils? A racing setup with 7k front, 7k Center, 5k Rear. Not the super heavy oils like my Outcast at 100k/1M/30k.?

I just bought the Talion, and frankly was disappointed with it's performance; I like the way my Typhon 3s performs much better. Just figured that as a 4 wheel drive less power would be wasted if all four wheels stayed on the ground. A weighted front end was the most obvious solution, but I googled "differential fluids, talion 6s blx" and what your saying seems to be the consensus. It's a little more involved than "adding weight" but it could make for a fun project.
Thanks for the input!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back