Kraton Extreme bash roller compatibile parts with V4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriLiam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys,
I saw the new EBR and In my opinion looks great. Arrma really heard all of us about the weaky parts of the V4 and it seems like they adjusted serveral parts to last longer. Now my questions is.....are these parts compatible with our V4? Are the diffs stronger? Maybe better shimmed then the V4? Will these parts be cheaper than our upgraded parts?are this parts stronger than our upgrade parts? I noticed different arms design and spacer in the front upper pin . Chassis is really stronger than v4 stock? Or better a jbit chassis also if it heavier?

Hi guys,
I saw the new EBR and In my opinion looks great. Arrma really heard all of us about the weaky parts of the V4 and it seems like they adjusted serveral parts to last longer. Now my questions is.....are these parts compatible with our V4? Are the diffs stronger? Maybe better shimmed then the V4? Will these parts be cheaper than our upgraded parts?are this parts stronger than our upgrade parts? I noticed different arms design and spacer in the front upper pin . Chassis is really stronger than v4 stock? Or better a jbit chassis also if it heavier?
Dude have you seen or read about anything? Literally all the weak points are upgraded. And they are compatible. The diffs are upgraded and the centre and front diff are now lsd diffs. And the parts are as strong lighter and cheaper than the stuff we have been using to upgrade them with. The truck is a bit heavier than the normal kraton but it is much lighter than a kraton with the equivalent aftermarket upgrades. The chassis and towers are 7075 and the braces are thick 6061 metal so it is with no doubt stronger than stock. Don’t want to be mean but do your research.

Sorry, I just saw it was released a few days ago and sincerely , no I did Not research for it, sorry! I thought it was too new for some more informations... but I knew that here in forum, you all guys know for sure more things than me. Next time I will spent all my time for researching all infos about it, sorry again . It wasn’t my intent to post an unnecessary thread. I was sure to find here more informations than on other sites ... as always ?

Last edited:
It's a legit question to ask what is cross compatible..

I would assume the stock parts from the EXB would be offered as - hopefully not exhorbitantly expensive - options for upgrading older Kratons. I - unfortunately - bought my first Kraton (a V4) two weeks before this came out. And I'd rather have this.. But it's OK, I'm sure the V4 is fine for my needs...

I can’t find pictures of an opened differential... would be nice to see what they did to make it stronger. Do some of you know when and where to buy eventually the upgraded diff parts?

I can’t find pictures of an opened differential... would be nice to see what they did to make it stronger. Do some of you know when and where to buy eventually the upgraded diff parts?
The parts aren’t in stock yet sadly but should come soon. Sorry for being annoyed before Idk Why i was like that. I saw a photo of an opened diff on the arrma giga site. They used thicker spiral cut gears and just beefed up the whole thing and used an lsd design which is better imo.

The parts aren’t in stock yet sadly but should come soon. Sorry for being annoyed before Idk Why i was like that. I saw a photo of an opened diff on the arrma giga site. They used thicker spiral cut gears and just beefed up the whole thing and used an lsd design which is better imo.
No problem dude?,it’s ok!
Mmm interesting thing.. thicker spiral cut gears and lsd design, nice! I am curiose, because finally we will have a real bullett proof dif...

No problem dude?,it’s ok!
Mmm interesting thing.. thicker spiral cut gears and lsd design, nice! I am curiose, because finally we will have a real bullett proof dif...
Yeah the normal kraton drivetrain can handle 8s alright so this will be a consistent 8s tough kraton

This new EBX looks awesome, but it poses a problem for part compatibility. Good for Horizon of course(so people have to buy more stuff..) I for ex. would like the EBX, but just bought my V4 two weeks ago. If I thought, "well, I'll get the EBX too and think of my V4 in terms of a future parts-source for the EBX, if necessary.." But that of course won't work. I'd just have two different cars needing two different types of parts...

Should probably just sell my V4, but don't want to.... :rolleyes:

ps Just did a quick search - looks like everybody is selling their V4... :rolleyes:

If the hole of the chassis where the dif case goes are the same as The V4... maybe the new diff case ebr will fit in the V4... I don’t want to sell mine, I am happy with it. I will just arrive at a point of long long lasting

This new EBX looks awesome, but it poses a problem for part compatibility. Good for Horizon of course(so people have to buy more stuff..) I for ex. would like the EBX, but just bought my V4 two weeks ago. If I thought, "well, I'll get the EBX too and think of my V4 in terms of a future parts-source for the EBX, if necessary.." But that of course won't work. I'd just have two different cars needing two different types of parts...

Should probably just sell my V4, but don't want to.... :rolleyes:

ps Just did a quick search - looks like everybody is selling their V4... :rolleyes:
I think it’s hilarious how so many people are selling to buy the “new and improved” kraton, meanwhile HH is thinking pic related. ?

Attachments

• AF151569-A66E-4899-AAC0-FE1F893F4487.jpeg
    AF151569-A66E-4899-AAC0-FE1F893F4487.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 30
SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM TO ME.

Alot beginners can now buy one older Kraton RTR second hand and start this hobby.
Try it out atleast.

Then if they like it alot, they will self buy EXTREME version later maybe.

This is good.

We need more people to this Awsome hobby .

THUMBS UP now they can buy second hand Kraton 6s alot, and start try if they like it :)

This is perfect for me , I don't have a Kraton 6s and wanted one , but have all the electronics laying around !!!! I will get one when they arrive .

I'll bet there will be an outcast version of this to follow. I was looking at the arrma site and it looks like they offer the new etched chassis for all of their current trucks. All components seem compatible. I wonder if the guts from the new diffs will fit into aftermarket diff housings (arena, hot racing diff cup). I imagine if you change to the new ring gears you have to change the input gears as well. They do look beefier. For those who have an outcast/Typhon/kraton they way they want now, they could just pick and choose from the updates on this. Makes me want a kraton to add next to my outcast !!

If it’s possible I will change all the diff of my kraton with ebr version. Actually my kraton works well with all shimmed diffs and right oil density but the question is ; for how long will it last? If the diffs of the ebr last longer then mine shimmed I will change them... maybe if there is a way to make the ebr diffs really bullet proof, it would be a very good upgrade. Would be nice if it’s need to change only the oils after several hours of use and not the hole gears!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back