Typhon Extreme downforce drag setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really surprised and good for an experiment but not really what I consider a drag setup.
Next is an inverted helicopter with wheels. ;)
I can try that with my DJI drone 🤣🤘🏻

Trashas bandit?

Saw that, nice video and a cool idea, but he would have had more accurate results if he had used GRP's instead of hoons, and found a smoother road than that lol. Also despite the downforce the car was pretty bouncy, looked to me like a suspension setup would have improved grip also

Saw that, nice video and a cool idea, but he would have had more accurate results if he had used GRP's instead of hoons, and found a smoother road than that lol. Also despite the downforce the car was pretty bouncy, looked to me like a suspension setup would have improved grip also
What I wonder is if actual weight is the same effect as suction downforce? Could you just use bigger lipos to add the same weight and expect the same results? In my drag hits, I was able to get above 2.5G regularly without the suction contraption.

What I wonder is if actual weight is the same effect as suction downforce? Could you just use bigger lipos to add the same weight and expect the same results? In my drag hits, I was able to get above 2.5G regularly without the suction contraption.
Yeah but could it do that on a ceiling 🤷‍♂️🤔

Lol, I assumed from the thumbnail that it would be a Bandit due to the body but after I watched the vid, I realized it was a Slash 4x4

I lean toward this☝️
While I appreciate the math and science, it all comes from trying to improve on a lite-weight set up known for parachuting at "high" speeds.

+Hoons suck!

Imagine going to the drag strip with a 800 hp car running some all season road tires.
Then swapping to some sticky drag slicks.

The tires that come on the Traxxas drag slash are insanely soft/grippy.
A 4wd setup with those tires would be nutty fast for drag applications that don't go above 70

I doubt they can be fitted on a 17mm hex wheel but that would be great for Arrma 6s cars if so...

1638462878332.png

1638462823319.png

Yeah saw his video a while back. Pretty awesome and has a lot of potential with better tires and a sensored setup. Unfortunately he didn't show a lot of outside shots, especially during cornering. That's when you can really see the effect of downforce. I've played with the idea myself to build a ground effect car, so it was fun to see that someone already did it.

+Hoons suck!

Imagine going to the drag strip with a 800 hp car running some all season road tires.
Then swapping to some sticky drag slicks.

The tires that come on the Traxxas drag slash are insanely soft/grippy.
A 4wd setup with those tires would be nutty fast for drag applications that don't go above 70

I doubt they can be fitted on a 17mm hex wheel but that would be great for Arrma 6s cars if so...

View attachment 183454

View attachment 183453
I have a pair of the Pro-Line Reaction HP, which are similar 2.2/3.0 slicks. They for sure don’t hook as hard as the 25 shore foams. The Sweep and Contact 25s are super soft and won’t last long, but they grip very very well on the roads I’ve tried. They are very similar and if I had to pick one over the other, I would say the Sweeps may have a slightest edge in wear duration.

Now what I would LOVE to see is some much wider tires to try out. I might have to get 3DRC to print me some wheels and buy some 25s donuts and make myself a set for the rear. Worst case is I take a set of my 1/5 GRP wheels with GB foams and true them down, but I would rather stick with 17mm hexes.

I have a pair of the Pro-Line Reaction HP, which are similar 2.2/3.0 slicks. They for sure don’t hook as hard as the 25 shore foams. The Sweep and Contact 25s are super soft and won’t last long, but they grip very very well on the roads I’ve tried. They are very similar and if I had to pick one over the other, I would say the Sweeps may have a slightest edge in wear duration.

Now what I would LOVE to see is some much wider tires to try out. I might have to get 3DRC to print me some wheels and buy some 25s donuts and make myself a set for the rear. Worst case is I take a set of my 1/5 GRP wheels with GB foams and true them down, but I would rather stick with 17mm hexes.
Foams do seem to perform best on drag cars. Light weight seems to be the magic bullet for drag cars.

Not sure if anyone had seen or knows about Nic Case's RC drag car car.
Dragster Capture.PNG

Dragster time slip Capture.PNG

96.99 mph in 1.3 seconds.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back