Ezrun 4274 2200kv plug into BLX185 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidas303

Rocky Mountain High!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
This combo by chance plug and play or are the esc/motor wire bullet connectors different sizes??
Screenshot_20200118-194535_Chrome.jpg

Thank you! Deciding on that motor for a power plant change in my Infraction. So need to decide on a new ESC that will fit. ? ?

Plan on just bashing with some parking lot track and drag races, along with a few speed runs mainly just try and join 100mph club.
Looking at an EZRun XR8 Plus any reviews or comments on this? Or just spending the couple bucks extra on a Max5 or 6 the way to go?

1 or 2. You know how those guys who own those diesel pickups say “million mile motor”? I’m kinda like that with mamba monster 1’s and 2’s LOL!
Difference is that I actually genuinely believe them as some of the best escs ever built. Truly remarkable for their size... they’ve been north of 130mph on YouTube. And nowdays with better motors, theyre under a lot less stress than they were 10 years ago when people had to overvolt castle 2650kv’s to 6s because the 2200’s were so expensive.

I’ve always liked the 1 more as well because it runs a tiny bit cooler than the 2 due to not having the heat insulating water proofing, along with no voltage limiting or current limiting, so you can run 8s (also been done on YouTube) but the 2 can just be reflashed to run on the old firmware and do all the same things.

That's good to know ??
Mhm! Just realize most of those mamba monster 1’s are getting up there in age... so it’s maybe not the best thing to go with in a speed runner nowdays. It’s a lot like old cars. An 85 ford LTD is basically bulletproof, but now that they’re 35 years old, they’re falling apart just because that’s what happens with Father Time.

Can the, " Older stuff is made better'" rule apply!? ? ? ? ;);)

Thanks for all the info I'll look at some mm2 or xlx, see what deals I can come across!

Can the, " Older stuff is made better'" rule apply!? ? ? ? ;);)

Thanks for all the info I'll look at some mm2 or xlx, see what deals I can come across!
Both of those will treat you very well... but jimo, which i totally understand if you want to go with the xlx as it’s very popular now, it’s very overly qualified taking a truck that size to 100mph. If you plan to shoot to 150, than sure... go with the xlx. But the mm2 is a lot cheaper and will get the job done without issue if you don’t feel like spending the $ on an xlx.

How does Castle size their motors? 1515 2200kv the same can size as a EZRUN 4274 2200kv size? Sorry, never been able to find the explanation online.

How does Castle size their motors? 1515 2200kv the same can size as a EZRUN 4274 2200kv size? Sorry, never been able to find the explanation online.
Yup! And the 1717 is 4585 (or 87 it’s one of those) and it’s not made anymore. The 1515 came in 2 forms (2650kv) and (2200kv) but they’re also not made SENSORLESS anymore. Edit my apologies, the 2650 is a 1512. Point still stands though. All 15 series sensorless motors besides the 1515b have been discontinued for years. They’ve been out of production for years so it’s basically safe to say, if you see one listed anywhere that’s sensorless, it’s counterfeit and not going to perform well at all, especially at speed. The exception is they still make the 1515B, which is a 2200kv 4274 sized NON-FINNED can, but that’s only sold paired to the sidewinder 8th esc. All the other OEM non counterfeit 1515 castle motors are sensored now. They’re still awesome for going stupid fast, just as well as the old ones, but they’re more expensive.

Last edited:
By series. First 2 digits are the series number not sure what last 2 mean.
I haven't seen a castle motor new in a long time. I still see esc here and there in some shops but motors are extinct it seems
For now at least. Maybe soon..... I hope...

First 2 numbers are width (14 series is thinner, 15 series thicker) and second numbers are length (a 1515 is shorter than a 1518) so that said, if we compared a 1415 to a 1515, a 1415 is not as wide, but just as long. The 1717 is wider and longer than a 1515.
I went to their website, and like 90% of the stuff is discontinued, or out-of-stock.

Found some new ones on eBay for about $130~$140. Probably should jump on one now.....
Send some links when you go to purchase... I don’t want you to buy something fake, I know guys who got burned and I don’t want it to happen to anyone else.

I went to their website, and like 90% of the stuff is discontinued, or out-of-stock.

Found some new ones on eBay for about $130~$140. Probably should jump on one now.....
If you found some they are probably fakes. There is a lot of fake ones.
I contacted them just over a month ago. They found a new factory to make them should start seeing parts late spring. I hope it is still top notch quality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back