Outcast EZRUN max 6 esc on new exb rtr outcast or v5 notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusual

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi guys.
Do you know if the max 6 with the 4985SL (1650kv) motor and esc would fit on the 6s outcast on notorious platforms?

Hi guys.
Do you know if the max 6 with the 4985SL (1650kv) motor and esc would fit on the 6s outcast on notorious platforms?

Yes it will. You'll need to either sticky tape or get a new ESC plate for the MAX6 though I think. The Max6 with 1650kV motor is one of the most popular set of electronics on the market for these cars.

Try searching for max6 on the forum, you'll find lots of results.

Thank you so much my rtr spektrum died within to months, but i heard the rtr esc are just som "rebranded junk" i may get a new one in warranty. But don't want to have the same issue again. i heard some people are on their 3 - 4 esc from warranty.
Yes it will. You'll need to either sticky tape or get a new ESC plate for the MAX6 though I think. The Max6 with 1650kV motor is one of the most popular set of electronics on the market for these cars.

Try searching for max6 on the forum, you'll find lots of results.
Thank you so much my rtr spektrum died within to months, but i heard the rtr esc are just som "rebranded junk" i may get a new one in warranty. But don't want to have the same issue again. i heard some people are on their 3 - 4 esc from warranty.

I've had good luck with Spektrum personally, but a Max6 w/1650kV or Castle MMX8S with 1717 will be vast upgrades and features in terms of power over the stock system. Make sure to change your pinion accordingly. I think most people run round 20 tooth with fans on the motor.

On the Outcast EXB I had to remove a lip between where the ESC is positioned and the battery tray. I also cut the mounts that held in the stock ESC’s on/off switch that were on the side guard to move the Max 6 away from the centre diff cover.
Double sided tape and a PVC ties were used to hold down the ESC and switch.
I did have a hard time mounting the 4985 in using the stock mount. That was a tight fit that needed some hammering to get it into the slide mount.

Last edited:
On the Outcast EXB I had to remove a lip between where the ESC is positioned and the battery tray. I also cut the mounts that held in the stock ESC’s on/off switch that were on the side guard to move the Max 6 away from the centre diff cover.
Double sided tape and a PVC ties were used to hold down the ESC and switch.
I did have a hard time mounting the 4985 in using the stock mount. That was a tight fit that needed some hammering to get it into the slide mount.
Wounder why you had such a tight fit with motor? Mine slides in like butter on a hot knife.

It fits fine.
Wounder why you had such a tight fit with motor? Mine slides in like butter on a hot knife.
Same here. Fit fine. Maybe he didn't remove the plastic side peice first? You need to remove that.

20210801_215656.jpg

For the ESC, you can use the stock mount plate. Just grind off the little ridge on top to make it all flat. Position the ESC on the plate tight to the servo mount to leave clearance between the ESC and motor pinion. Make a paper template same size as bottom of ESC and mark where the holes are in bottom of ESC. Place paper template on ESC plate and you know where to drill holes. Then you can use short M3 screws to screw the ESC onto the plate from the bottom of the ESC mount.

20210801_212335.jpg

Last edited:
Iv used that stock mount on 3 different motors before with no issue. I even grabbed the 2050 with the same mount out of the Kraton and it slipped straight into the EXB. That 4985 just kept hitting the top of the slide mount and made it hard for that lip to slide in. I got it though.
It fits fine.

Same here. Fit fine. Maybe he didn't remove the plastic side peice first? You need to remove that.

View attachment 169739
For the ESC, you can use the stock mount plate. Just grind off the little ridge on top to make it all flat. Position the ESC on the plate tight to the servo mount to leave clearance between the ESC and motor pinion. Make a paper template same size as bottom of ESC and mark where the holes are in bottom of ESC. Place paper template on ESC plate and you know where to drill holes. Then you can use short M3 screws to screw the ESC onto the plate from the bottom of the ESC mount.

View attachment 169740
There was no need to remove the side guard to get the motor in.

Iv used that stock mount on 3 different motors before with no issue. I even grabbed the 2050 with the same mount out of the Kraton and it slipped straight into the EXB. That 4985 just kept hitting the top of the slide mount and made it hard for that lip to slide in. I got it though.

There was no need to remove the side guard to get the motor in.
Yea you may not need to but it is easier to put motor in with side guard off

Yea you may not need to but it is easier to put motor in with side guard off
Yeah it would’ve been easier but it wasn’t the reason why I had the drama with getting the motor in.
If I was to back the screws off slightly on the plate that was bolted to the motor, she would slip straight in………… Bolts torqued down and she was a c##t.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back