Granite Factory Combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I made that post, and then go check JRC, and WOOT! BLX slippers in stock, $20.

$57 later I have one on the way... LOL

(had to get a BLX motor mount, turnbuckles, and metal hexes too... hehehe)

Thanks for the heads up! I think I may have got the last slipper!

My adjustable motor mount has been on back order from tower for a while now. For now, I'll just keep running the 48p gears until they die again.

Thanks for the heads up! I think I may have got the last slipper!

My adjustable motor mount has been on back order from tower for a while now. For now, I'll just keep running the 48p gears until they die again.
If you got the new slipper, it has a 32p gear in it. I don't think the Mega 90t 48p spur will work with the new slipper.

just some input for the guys looking for their kids or for brushless upgrades. We got a senton Mega 4x4 and although my kid is only 5 she loved it and didn't care about putting in the brushless(or really even know what it meant) and even myself, I had plenty of fun with the stock system running 2S lipos. I also have never touched a 50+mph 6s monster yet... But we put a budget brushless setup in it. racerstar 60A esc and racerstar 2600kv 3660 (about 45 bucks total). I think it was a 28t pinion. did 39mph on a 3200 45C 3s. beat on it plenty and no driveline issues until I put the 1/8 scale powerplant in it and broke the diff input in about a minute. It's now in the process of being beefed up to handle it.

I have been seeking info on a beginner rc 4x4, I will be getting tp4070 and ESC for my kraton and was wondering about converting to run my 3s packs I have but I am not going to go rediculus with it but like to bullet proof all my cars

For a kid there is so much opportunity to learn from this hobby that I find the small steps to be the best if you are doing an aarma brushed setup. The stock motor sucks. Even a $15.00 dynamite 12 turn will smoke the stock motor on the stock 7 cell. Then you can play with gearing. Thats cheap and gives instant results. We converted the unused sandbox we built my son to a crawler box. Changed gearing and he has a blast. Then we go to the park and then change gearing again. Top speed is fun at the park. So we added a 2s 80c lipo to the mix on the brushed motor. The car was much faster but more playing with gearing and learning. The difference between the stock motor and the cheap 12 turn was so night and day that for my son it had the same wow factor as a brushless without the huge leap. Unfortunately he read about the brushless stuff in a magazine and wanted to give it a shot and now we are learning how to infinitely mod a platform that really isnt worth it as a brushless car. The brushed setup with almost no mods is well warrantied by arrma and they send out replacement parts with little hassle. Thats easier on the pocket book. Just food for thought. By the time the senton is a reliable brushless car the cost plus time will exceed buying something super nice like any of the brushless models.

I agree with every thing you just said @Supermax. My 8 year old daughter had fun with her Granite until I let her drive my Kraton on 6S....now it has to be faster or she’s bored with it. I swapped out the stock motor for a Turnigy....can’t remember exactly the size...18T maybe....and it was slower than stock.

True, I'm not looking for a speedy demon I already have one lol. Just a good beginner that could mod a little and use the batteries and parts I will have to save money but want something that won't tear up every time I take it out. My kraton has been broken every time it has been played with. Need something much slower

On gps my mega was actually 1mph faster with the 2400 7 cell they include than my 2s packs. Of course that was only when it was fresh off the charger.

If it is speed you are after then you would want to go down in the motor turns. If it is torque you are after you go up. We never dropped below 12 turns soni cant say how that would be but higher than 12 turns same gearing will no doubt be slower.

The new crew cab blx is just a touch over 300.00 right now. You can not beat that deal as a good start. The chassis setup looks to be the same as the mega stuff with better parts like adjustable turnbuckles up front and its a longer wheel base. Could be fun but you could buy a senton roller for 40.00 and play the swap game. Best of both worlds super cheap.

True, I'm not looking for a speedy demon I already have one lol. Just a good beginner that could mod a little and use the batteries and parts I will have to save money but want something that won't tear up every time I take it out. My kraton has been broken every time it has been played with. Need something much slower

Our senton was broken right out of the box. Arrma sent us a new esc but i bought one before it came in. It was just a cheap one from hobby town but it performs better than the stock esc. We broke a shock next and replaced them with some chinese all metal shocks. They have held up pretty well. They are too tall by a little but for bashing its a blessing really. We burnt the original twelve turn and i swapped in the dynamite 12 turn. That made a nice difference. If you go ahead and plan for broken shocks, and probably have a spare motor in your toolbox you could keep the thing going for a good amount of time. In mostly stock form the senton is pretty good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back