Talion Factory katar tire measurements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Can anyone please tell me the overall width and hieght of the factory katar tires for the tailon?

Any info appriciated

Can anyone please tell me the overall width and hieght of the factory katar tires for the tailon?

Any info appriciated
Diameter is 145mm, but they don’t list width.

DF7DB9D6-E047-4733-9870-6FAA22022BC3.jpeg

Any info appriciated

For you I'll carry my ass out to the shop and measure. lol ? Back soon.
Katar with some wear. My small dope scale is out of batteries I'm noticing or I'd get a weight. This is all I can do right now.

1571367706288.png

1571367731538.png

1571367757771.png

Last edited:
What I really want is a set of Badlands rubber that would fit on the katar rim. I love that it's basically an oversized buggy rim. Problem is the buggy version Badlands tires are for Typhon sized standard buggy wheels.

I like the low profile of the meat on the Katar wheel.. Mine feel balanced and I'm not afraid to wot. The trucks sails with Katars in the air and they're so light.
The Lp Backflips also feel very good. They drive light more than anything. Extremely fun in my yard with grass, street and dirt.

I don't know the weight of the LP Minokawa but I feel pretty good about testing on the Talion. If they're just in-between, good stuff and exactly what I'd like.
For so long folks didnt like the v3 Kraton tire. I want to give the lighter low profile model a chance on the Talion.

Totally agree on all points about the katars they are super good on the Talion. Some environments though they don't have enough traction in their forward bite, like loose over hard pack. But they're so nice to the drive train they make it hard to choose any other tire. I go to Badlands when the train requires the bigger tire more than for any other reason.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back