Failed receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kg77

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Notorious
So after running three packs threw my kraton 8s the receiver completely failed just curious if this is common or just a bad apple?

Attachments

• B5EE5713-7CC9-49AD-9E40-189755F5C7D3.jpeg
    B5EE5713-7CC9-49AD-9E40-189755F5C7D3.jpeg
    246.2 KB · Views: 86
Did you put a traxx RX in the Kraton? Is that the one that failed?
No the spektrum one failed lol have a few spare Traxxas rx so that’s what it’s running for now until I see if I can get one under warranty, thought it was pretty funny to have a brand new arrma with Traxxas parts in it
But it works both ways lol my erevo 2 with an arrma motor lol works Awsome!
No the spektrum one failed lol have a few spare Traxxas rx so that’s what it’s running for now until I see if I can get one under warranty, thought it was pretty funny to have a brand new arrma with Traxxas parts in it
But it works both ways lol my erevo 2 with an arrma motor lol works Awsome!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Not sure what this has to do with a Kraton 8S if you installed your own receiver? ?
Default answer is that it's very uncommon because nobody has a configuration like that (or highly unlikely).

You might want to check the voltage coming from the ESC, sounds like you had to RX failures already?
Otherwise it's just bad luck. Make sure the RX is secured or it will bounce and get damaged by impacts.

Not sure what this has to do with a Kraton 8S if you installed your own receiver? ?
Default answer is that it's very uncommon because nobody has a configuration like that (or highly unlikely).

You might want to check the voltage coming from the ESC, sounds like you had to RX failures already?
Otherwise it's just bad luck. Make sure the RX is secured or it will bounce and get damaged by impacts.
lol yes was the spektrum receiver that failed, I did turn up the bec voltage could that have been the cause of the failure?

What did you crank it up to?
Factory is 6 and next setting is 8.4 I read somewhere that it would help with steering
What did you crank it up to?
I thought the steering was very weak is why I turned up bec but it turned out that I was turning down what I tgat was avc but was actually the steering rate :rolleyes: this dx3 is a little confusing to me lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I can't find info on the trx receiver but 8.4V is extreme. It helps if you have a high voltage servo and it can actually operate at that voltage.
Stock etc works at 6V or 7.2V max.

That is failure cause imho, you are burning up your electronics. Stock receiver is rated up to 9.6V and wouldn't be an issue but none of the other electronics support it incl. the fans. Dial it down to 6 or 7.2V (whatever stock is)

I can't find info on the trx receiver but 8.4V is extreme. It helps if you have a high voltage servo and it can actually operate at that voltage.

That is failure cause imho, you are burning up your electronics. Stock receiver is rated up to 9.6V and wouldn't be an issue but none of the other electronics support it incl. the fans. Dial it down to 6 or 7.2V (whatever stock is)
Ya ten four I’ll turn it back down thanks for your help!

I’m fairly new to the hobby and still have a lot to learn on the electronics side of things but if you don’t learn something new everyday it’s a wasted day! Not the first thing I’ve ff d up and definitely won’t be the last!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back