Failsafe not working?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Just need to confirm that I’ve got my receiver plugged in correctly with my ESC…Reason I ask, I tested my failsafe by way of turning off my TX & the car was locked on full throttle which scared the hell out of me

510AB215-D13E-46AD-8C50-46E135AA6008.jpeg

Yeah that is very bad. By default failsafe should return ALL to Neutral once Radio signal is lost. I would rebind TX/Rx, then recalibrate the ESC and Tx.
I had a runaway once. :cautious: Almost ended up on a freeway. Could have caused a pile up on the roadway.:rolleyes:
Settings can be "squewed off" sometimes. Can drift. I don't trust "out the box" settings and always double check the Failsafe first on the bench with wheels off.

Your plugs look ok polarity wise. Neg leads are usually outboard of the Rx case, signal leads, orange,white or brown are inboard, for 99% of Rx's out there.

Last edited:
Thanks mate - I will rebind it, definitely got my heart going That’s for sure

I’ve finally figured it out via trial and error and hopefully this will help anyone else that is running a Spektrum radio (mine is DX5 rugged TX & SR6200A RX) - Spektrum manual states that when binding the radio, you need to hold down bind button on RX, turn on TX and then first apply full throttle then full brake then right steer & left steer…looking at the attached instructions, point 5 & 6 refer to throttle and brake - DO NOT do this as by default when first applying full throttle in fact sets the failsafe at full throttle…I find it crazy that Spektrum got this wrong as it’s misinformed information…I rebound the TX to the RX and skipped point 5/6/7/8 and let it bind without setting these endpoints, I then calibrated my XLX2 and finally ran failsafe test - if I turn off my TX whilst RX is still on, the car remains stationery in neutral position - HAPPY!!!

179FA393-932A-48ED-9FEF-EBFB36C18B7A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back