Kraton Fairly new to hobby , this 12s Kraton EXB is mainly field and flat track Blaster not Basher. Was having some thoughts on 45/47 gearing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimi

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
C5EC3A88-FF69-4AC2-A39F-6323B5048B07.jpeg
This rig is non bashed just field and flat track basher wondering about maybe 45/47 gearing?

Castle Creations 800kv, currently running 39/39, upgraded servo, badlands, thinking about going 45/47 gearing

From the videos I've seen, the max 4/800kv combo is a screamer. Dbxle's with what you have wheelie at 50+ mph, and they are heavier than K8s so its going to be even more of an issue with the K8. You might have a problem keeping the front end down at speed unless you put a drag wheelie bar on. You also might not be able to full trigger pull til its going 60+ unless you have a football field size area to try it. I would pay attention to the diffs and outdrives. I would recommend using earplugs for the center diff also.

Yeah really no point to change the gears to that, what are you trying to achieve by doing 45/47? That thing must be a beast though lol I cant imagine. Gatta think that motor gets pretty darn hot pretty quick also?

Side note, I have never seen a on/off switch on a battery. Makes me think you charge the batteries while they are in the truck?

Castle Creations 800kv, currently running 39/39, upgraded servo, badlands, thinking about going 45/47 gearing
From the videos I've seen, the max 4/800kv combo is a screamer. Dbxle's with what you have wheelie at 50+ mph, and they are heavier than K8s so its going to be even more of an issue with the K8. You might have a problem keeping the front end down at speed unless you put a drag wheelie bar on. You also might not be able to full trigger pull til its going 60+ unless you have a football field size area to try it. I would pay attention to the diffs and outdrives. I would recommend using earplugs for the center diff also.
Niiice .. I’m running 20 mil 500,000 rear 1 mil in front. I was thinking bigger gears with the power to push them would ultimately be faster? We do run football size fields usually a couple laps. Trying to keep up with a guy running big 50 something 1.5 gears

Niiice .. I’m running 20 mil 500,000 rear 1 mil in front. I was thinking bigger gears with the power to push them would ultimately be faster? We do run football size fields usually a couple laps. Trying to keep up with a guy running big 50 something 1.5 gears
Not going to be faster though because you are increasing spur which slows you down but also increasing pinion which speeds you up. If you want faster then you need to just go higher pinion

When I was running my xlx2 800 combo I had it overdriven for a bit and had no issues. 41/39.
With the 47t spur you are limited to the size of the pinion if you are using the stock motor mount. To go 1:1 with the 47 you need an aftermarket motor mount. One reason most people will just go with the 39t spur to have room on the slide to fit a pinion to get 1:1

Niiice .. I’m running 20 mil 500,000 rear 1 mil in front. I was thinking bigger gears with the power to push them would ultimately be faster? We do run football size fields usually a couple laps. Trying to keep up with a guy running big 50 something 1.5 gea
When I was running my xlx2 800 combo I had it overdriven for a bit and had no issues. 41/39.
With the 47t spur you are limited to the size of the pinion if you are using the stock motor mount. To go 1:1 with the 47 you need an aftermarket motor mount. One reason most people will just go with the 39t spur to have room on the slide to fit a pinion to get 1:1
Yeah I saw an aftermarket will take 45/47. Hey Guys I really appreciate all thoughts and input on the subject. Realistically I need to learn to drive better, have crashed Thrasher twice pretty good . I can run 34/39 all day and won’t even get hot.

F607846F-5A82-4584-A10A-F6DA1311E00C.jpeg

Yeah I saw an aftermarket will take 45/47. Hey Guys I really appreciate all thoughts and input on the subject. Realistically I need to learn to drive better, have crashed Thrasher twice pretty good . I can run 34/39 all day and won’t even get hot.

F607846F-5A82-4584-A10A-F6DA1311E00C.jpeg

Attachments

• A2C6EF0C-364F-44EF-B850-FF53D34BFBCA.jpeg
    A2C6EF0C-364F-44EF-B850-FF53D34BFBCA.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 29
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back