Fan help for a complete noob.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Picked up the yeah racing dual tornado fan as it both had good reviews, and I see it mentioned quite a bit here. I've never soldered anything in my life mind you. This is going into a Talion v3 2018 model
Capture.JPG
I'm a lil' confused as to how I should actually install it. Do I just have to extend the receiver plug somehow on it so it reaches, or is it necessary to use a Y-harness and attach it to the esc somehow for the benefit of the built-in BEC?

Which way is the recommended installation, and what exactly will I need please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi just get an extended plug! text me anytime for help. I just got the fan and the talion 2 days ago, but its really easy to install.

I cut the jst connectors off of the fan wires/leads. Splice positive and negative leads from fans together.

cut off female end of receiver wire extension leaving male connector. remove the 3rd lead so you are left with only positive/negative (purchased from link below). Cut to desired length.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161190215988

Splice and solder to spliced fan leads to receiver connector leads. Plug into any open port on receiver.

Use heatshrink tubing to make it clean install.
I use computer cpu/gpu thermal pads inside of the heatsink.
D6E81EB3-95D5-4F6A-A13F-2CD4A84F6DB1.jpeg
2B86C0D5-325D-4755-945C-3ECDBB13811D.jpeg
82D8020F-48B3-47FF-8282-C4837161CDE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up the yeah racing dual tornado fan as it both had good reviews, and I see it mentioned quite a bit here. I've never soldered anything in my life mind you. This is going into a Talion v3 2018 model
View attachment 24861
I'm a lil' confused as to how I should actually install it. Do I just have to extend the receiver plug somehow on it so it reaches, or is it necessary to use a Y-harness and attach it to the esc somehow for the benefit of the built-in BEC?

Which way is the recommended installation, and what exactly will I need please?

Thanks in advance.

If you'd like, I can mail you a Y harness. I have the Yeah Racing fan set up too. I used a Y harness and plugged it in to my reciever. Don't get any easier than that. Haha I'll post a picture of the harness once I turn my phone on. I'm in Massachusetts so it won't take long to get to you.

Will the yeah racing twin turbo fan/heatsink plug directly into the receiver or not? I've seen several different plug types on these y connectors people say they're using and only one could be the correct one. I've read a bunch and still cannot figure this out. I know this is old but... help please.

Will the yeah racing twin turbo fan/heatsink plug directly into the receiver or not? I've seen several different plug types on these y connectors people say they're using and only one could be the correct one. I've read a bunch and still cannot figure this out. I know this is old but... help please.

The Yeah Racing fans do not plug directly into the receiver without an additional y adapter/connector like the one seen above in the photo that @Paultro84 posted in post #8. Here is a link to one or you could always make up your own like joostin420 did in post #3. Pretty much all the answers to your questions have already been answered in this thread. Maybe take the time to go back and read the previous posts in this thread. For your convenience, I have attached an additional picture of the cable/connectors that are needed to make the fans plug-n-play. The black (JR or servo) connector is what plugs into your receiver, obviously. The red (JST) connectors are what each of the fans plug into. Hope this helps!

JR_to_JST_Y_Adapter.jpg

The Yeah Racing fans do not plug directly into the receiver without an additional y adapter/connector like the one seen above in the photo that @Paultro84 posted in post #8. Here is a link to one or you could always make up your own like joostin420 did in post #3. Pretty much all the answers to your questions have already been answered in this thread. Maybe take the time to go back and read the previous posts in this thread. For your convenience, I have attached an additional picture of the cable/connectors that are needed to make the fans plug-n-play. The black (JR or servo) connector is what plugs into your receiver, obviously. The red (JST) connectors are what each of the fans plug into. Hope this helps!

.View attachment 86890
It does help, thank you. I read the entire thread before posting actually. I was seeing things that seemed contradictory to me. Maybe because you understood it already, you don't realize it's that way for me but I did read it. Thanks a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back